Civil War man holding weapons

Ravic85

Cadet
Can anyone tell me any information on this man? Confederate or union? His name maybe? any info at all would be appreciative. Thanks so much guys!

Civil war soldier.jpg

Hard to say; looks to be wearing a sack coat but the belt is out of place (no indication of officer's rank) but the buckle looks like a confederate pattern officers.

He looks like a Union infantryman to me. The buckle could be a militia buckle. The small revolver he is holding was probably a photographer's prop.

4 Button sack coat, early 2 piece US buckle-hard to tell. Small cal. pistol, Sheffield or Bowie knife. Looks like a dang Yankee to me. As far as a name, looks like a Tim to me. Yep, Tim the Yankee. That's my story and I'm stickin to it.

4 Button sack coat, early 2 piece US buckle-hard to tell. Small cal. pistol, Sheffield or Bowie knife. Looks like a dang Yankee to me. As far as a name, looks like a Tim to me. Yep, Tim the Yankee. That's my story and I'm stickin to it.
I agree.. its a dern yank.. but he looks more like a Bill to me.. Billy Yank...Yep..Billy Yank..

Back