HF Civil War Historical Fiction

Historical-Fiction
Well..... I don't know much about the history side of it, but... what kind of historical fiction? What's it about?
I have found that if one reads history as fiction it may be more interesting. Instead of reading it for facts ,just read it as a story of an event or of people set in a certain time or event, just as you would a fictional account or of a novel . Who would believe that people were capable of the horrors of battles which were fought in this war. It has to be a novel !

The book is set in a small upstate New York Village. It's titled the Ledger. The premise is that a business man keeps a journal of his sales and in the margins of the book writes notes to remind him what happened each day. The first notes start on April 11, 1861 and the last on July 31, 1861. I've attempted to show how the war affected the everyday lives of the people who remained behind and those that went off to fight.

The book is set in a small upstate New York Village. It's titled the Ledger. The premise is that a business man keeps a journal of his sales and in the margins of the book writes notes to remind him what happened each day. The first notes start on April 11, 1861 and the last on July 31, 1861. I've attempted to show how the war affected the everyday lives of the people who remained behind and those that went off to fight.

Interesting premise. What led you to choose that time frame for the story?

Roy B.

Back