Civil War fiction books like or dislike or mehh?

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

Doc Harmony

Cadet
The rewrites!!! It was perfict the first time..... At leadt thats what we hope.
Unfortunately I've been writing long enough that it's finally sunk it - all writing is rewriting. It's painful, frustrating, aggravating - but it always ends up making the original better. You just have to embrace the process and not fight it... too much.

unicornforge

First Sergeant
There are plenty of interesting and accurate first hand accounts to read. I would just get confused between reality and stuff made up. No I have absolutely no intention of reading any historical fiction.

Ceridwen

Cadet
And don't forget Shiloh: A Novel by Shelby Foote. It tells the story of the battle through the eyes of a number of fictional characters. I remember it as being historically accurate and well written.
I loved this book. I read it about 10 years ago and thought it was great. Somehow in the move I made in 2013 my copy got misplaced.

Jagsdomain

Cadet
Ture.
But according to Ryan Johnson 1 draft is the best! Lol
Its ture and now I am writing back story for my charotcures so its set
Unfortunately I've been writing long enough that it's finally sunk it - all writing is rewriting. It's painful, frustrating, aggravating - but it always ends up making the original better. You just have to embrace the process and not fight it... too much.