Miniatures Civil War Centennial-Era "Ring-Handed" Toy Soldier Figures

7thWisconsin

Sergeant Major
Neat.

The one I had was longer, and if I remember correctly the wagon body was part of the "canvass" cover which snapped into the wagon floor.

It was not the most esthetic looking wagon, but I was able to pack it full of soldiers and civilians as if it was part of a John Wayne movie escaping the indian attack.
I distinctly remember this came in ¨Daniel Boone¨ inspired packaging, but none of the figures nor the wagon had even a remote connection to the show. Such was tie-in marketing circa 1965.

FPT

Private
I distinctly remember this came in ¨Daniel Boone¨ inspired packaging, but none of the figures nor the wagon had even a remote connection to the show. Such was tie-in marketing circa 1965.
The conestoga wagon that I had would have been given to me in 1959 or 1960. No later than 1960.

7thWisconsin

Sergeant Major
That doesn´t mean that both of these wagons aren´t contemporaries, though. Toymakers put the identical toy in different packaging at different times, keeping up with the market. For all I know, my wagon may have been around for 5 years before my parents bought it.