NF Civil War books yet to be written?

Non-Fiction
A simple question here. What book or books on the Civil War have yet to be written?
The logistics backdrop for the Confederate army. The supplies on hand, efforts to increase them, efforts to find substitutes, efforts to get them to where they were required, etc. These supplies would be corn, meat, iron, copper, nitre, horses, hides, cloth, ......

We got talking about one a few months ago, I don't recall who was talking about it with me. It would be a book that would encompass the entirety of the 1864 Valley campaign. So it basically would cover May to October 1864 to include New Market, Piedmont, Lynchburg, Early going down the Valley, Monocacy, Fort Stevens, Sheridan being sent into the Valley and those 3 major battles, and finally ending with Cedar Creek and the burning. You can piece all of this together with multiple books, but it would make sense for someone to write a history of all of this in a work because it all ties together. It would probably have to be a 2 volume work based on the amount of time covered.

A few years ago, I ask that question to myself. I was looking into doing as much research into the Confederate Calvary during the Atlanta Campaign. Not much has been written about that, at least not in-depth from what I could find.
During the past few years I have set it on the backburner as some people would say. I found that I could not devote as much time to the research and the travels to hopefully bring all this research into book form.

Ken Noe did an essay a couple of years ago about weather and the effect on the ultisols on the Virginia Peninsula - a good counterpoint to macademized ...
Yes, this book has gained much traction of late.
1621548362641.png
Been hitting alot of the round table circuits of late

Go read accounts of soldiers talking about the Valley Pike the first time they march on it, especially northern soldiers.
Honestly, that's what I want to avoid. I'm not interested in the best road in America at the time. I'm interested in the mostly failed turnpikes, the roads that sucked gun carriages up to the axles when it rained half an inch, and the seemingly arbitrary road network.

Honestly, that's what I want to avoid. I'm not interested in the best road in America at the time. I'm interested in the mostly failed turnpikes, the roads that sucked gun carriages up to the axles when it rained half an inch, and the seemingly arbitrary road network.
Sherman once saw a mule drown in a mud hole and I’ve tried to find where that was and haven’t. That says the roads were pretty terrible. There’s a lead for you.

Back