Civil War Book of the Month (Nominations - July 2013)

CivilWarTalk

Lieutenant General
- ★★★ -
Managing Member & Webmaster
You are invited to nominate the book you think is worthy of the title "Civil War Book of the Month - July 2013". After a poll later in the month, the winning book will be featured on our homepage, on our social media pages, as well as in our monthly newsletter!

This month we are going to limit the nominations to books that have been published in the last 12 months.

Any registered member can begin suggesting the books they think should be the "Book of the Month" or BotM by replying to this thread.

Nominations will end on Friday, July 19th. A poll will be setup with the top suggestions, and voting for the BotM will begin!

If you have a Civil War book, or perhaps some other interesting Civil War product you'd like to promote by giving it away as a contest prize, contact the Webmaster, Mike Kendra!

I would like to nominate "To Antietam Creek". It is the Maryland Campaign of September 1862. This book is about the battle of South Mountain and the fall of Harpers Ferry.The book ends on the evening of Sept.16th just before all h**l breaks out on Sept 17th,america,s bloodiest day

I'll nominate one I just finished, the 2012 spiral-bound Art of Commemoration by Parker Hills, a study of the monuments at Vicksburg National Military Park comissioned for the Sesquicentennial of the siege. It's beautifully illustrated with full-color photographs of the monuments and their details as they appear today, along with many historic photos as well. It's simultaneously the story of the military actions; short biographies of the subjects, artists, and sculptors; and a treatise on monumental archetecture.

Back