Civil War Bloodletting Kit

Mike Serpa

Major
Civil War or earlier medical related bloodletting kit for doctor or surgeon. Consists of 2 scarificators marked Perkins London, 4 cupping glasses, 1 cupping glass with syringe, and 1 spirit lamp, all in a fitted velvet lined mahogany case with inlaid brass cartouche to top and brass shield shaped escutcheon.
547_3-1920x913.jpg

547_6-1202x1080.jpg

https://caseantiques.com/item/lot-547-civil-war-bloodletting-kit/

Thanks for posting in the Medical Forum @Mike Serpa

We are honored to have you drop in and appreciate your sharing the fabulous medical kit! The scarificator is indeed a scary piece of equipment. :hot:***I feel much better now......no, really. I believe I'm entirely well. Thanks though. :bounce:****

Thanks again for posting!

Thanks for posting in the Medical Forum @Mike Serpa

We are honored to have you drop in and appreciate your sharing the fabulous medical kit! The scarificator is indeed a scary piece of equipment. :hot:***I feel much better now......no, really. I believe I'm entirely well. Thanks though. :bounce:****

Thanks again for posting!
Thank you. I haven't visited this part of CWT much. The scarificatior was spring-loaded. See it in action at this youtube video. No victim... I mean patient. It's safe to watch even for the squeamish!

Back