ENDED civil war auctions?

Trader history (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsReese

Cadet
Does anyone know of anywhere (besides ebay) that they have online auctins or sales for Civil war reenacting items. If not someone should surely start one. where those reenactors who have decided to not do it anymore or even have just upgraded can sell their items. Would be very hand for someone like me who needs some dresses and camping equipment and doesn't have loads of moolah to spend on them.

Just my thoughts

Jenna might have a better idea on that note for women, for the soldier there are several locations. For the ladies you are ahead, I think, to join a Civilian unit and get some help. Many have deals like that of my wife; she will make the first working dress for new members all that is required is that you provide the materials and assistance.

Shane, you are correct, I do know of a place: reenactorstuff.com It is an auction site for all forms of re-enacting gear to be sold. I came upon it quite by accident one day when on the same quest. Thankfully though I have learned to sew my own gear, so I don't usually have much use for that site. Also, check out the Ladies Parlor, I believe if you just google that one it should come up. Wonderful ladies sutlery. Also, I can give you the email of my very good friend and Martin's niece down in the Savanah area. She is incridible with dress making, and other fine arts. She has made some of the most gorgeous hand embroidered collars and matching undersleeves and is incredibly reasonable. She also does jewlery, reticules, and other niceties. Private message me and I will get you her email addy if you would like.

As for hats, if you need them, I do make hats. NOT bonettes. I am attempting that one, but I am so anti-bonette that it's not even funny. So I do riding hats and straw hats. Again, if interested email me for prices.

For iron work, I am sure you have a blacksmith down there, but if not, my hubby is a blacksmith and makes the most gorgeous fire grates and spits, friction lanter hangers, and other things. You can ask Shane on the quality of work my hubby puts out. Jon, my hubby, does do special orders and ships anywhere.

Again, I hope that helps,
Jenna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back