Ammo Civil War Artillery Confederate 3 Inch Selma Short Pattern Bolt

I can't get at my books just now but from memory I think those were fired from 3.3 inch bronze rifled guns made in New Orleans. There were a very small number of 3.3 inch Parrotts made, also, but I don't think any of those saw any Confederate service.

There was no link or photos. Could you re-post as I'm curious as to why you would think it was a Selma bolt.

Could you provide us with some measurements?
2.9 inches

Short Pattern Bolt.jpg

I would imagine a 3” ordnance rifled cannon would have fired it.

Ive dug a Selma 3.3” bolt. Have not seen a 3” Selma bolt before.

Does it have a copper disk sabot at its base?

Thanks for posting!

The smallest shell that was produced at Selma was 3.3 inch. If a Selma produced shell it should have a G stamped on it.

The smallest shell that was produced at Selma was 3.3 inch. If a Selma produced shell it should have a G stamped on it.
Thanks for your expertise. This must have been mis-labeled. I can see no other markings on it. What do you think it is? It is nice to have friend you can turn to for help.

Thanks for your expertise. This must have been mis-labeled. I can see no other markings on it. What do you think it is? It is nice to have friend you can turn to for help.
Could you post a picture of its base? I have a 3” Read bolt whose base knob was thrown off after firing and kinda looks like yours. Just a guess.

Back