Civil War Article of the Month, July 2013 (ENTER NOW!)

CivilWarTalk

Lieutenant General
- ★★★ -
Managing Member & Webmaster
Have your written a great Civil War Article or Blog Post? Enter our Civil War Article of the Month Contest!

Here are the rules:
  • Only the original author of an article or blog post is eligible to enter this contest. (Only members may post in this forum, if you aren't currently a member, JOIN NOW, it's free!)
  • Only posts written in between the 16th of June and 15th of July are eligible!
  • Articles or posts should be free for anyone to read, and must be able to be linked so that members may easily find and access the entry.
  • Blog posts on other sites and New Threads on CivilWarTalk (New Threads Only Please!) are all eligible. Blog/Article content may include, but is not limited to: book reviews, photo essays, academic articles, current events, historical essays, and any other American Civil War Content. Articles and posts should be at least 300 words in length.
  • Authors may enter up to four posts or articles per monthly contest.
  • A winner will be chosen by the staff of CivilWarTalk, a link to the winner's article will be featured on our homepage for the next monthly period. Also, any CivilWarTalk member may also weigh in by "Liking" their favorite entries.
  • This contest will end on July 15th, a new contest will begin on July 16th.
  • Limit, One Entry per post in the thread below PLEASE!
Please use the following template to enter your article or post:
Preformatted:
URL (Link) to Article or Post:
Name of Article or Post:
Author's Name (Your Name/Nickname):
Article or Post Description (Optional):

I never saw this before today, else I would've taken the opportunity to enter it; apparantly neither did anyone else! If it's continued in subsequent months, I'll try to remember to look for it.

Since N&S folded, I sent my article on the Siege of Battery Wagner to The Monitor magazine. I guess that doesn't count?

As I have complained about before, things like this quickly "drop off" or otherwise disappear from the Homepage, buried under all the other "popular" ( ? ) topics like Was Lee A Traitor?; moving Forrest's bones; renaming schools; etc.; etc. ad infinitum et ad nauseum. There needs to be some way of maintaining visibility - as often as I'm onsite I NEVER saw it until after the time expired!

Here's a suggestion:
Since many interesting pieces are already placed in the forums why not just select a few of the best and have the members vote for post of the month?

Back