Civil War Album still there?

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

Vicksburger

First Sergeant
Does anyone know if 'Civil War Album " is still online? I can't seem to find it, it just says "page not found"?

Buckeye Bill

Captain
Forum Host
Civil War Photo Contest
Annual Winner
I used to talk with the website owner all of the time. But I haven't talked with Bruce Schulze in a couple of years. He was experiencing health problems, as well as his wife. I will try to send him an email today and see if he responds.

Bill

Last edited:

Buckeye Bill

Captain
Forum Host
Civil War Photo Contest
Annual Winner
Unless I’m confusing it with some other site, I recall reading somewhere that the owner/creator of the site passed away after a lengthy illness.
I haven't heard this update but it might be the reason we lost contact. I will send the Oklahoma Highway Patrol website an email to see if they can confirm this news.

* Bruce retired from the Oklahoma Highway Patrol in 2004.

Bill

Last edited:

Vicksburger

First Sergeant
Library of Congress

https://www.loc.gov/item/lcwa00087421/

I sent the Oklahoma Highway Patrol and his son, Garrett, an email and Facebook Personal Message.

Bill
Yes I remember he had a son that was helping him photograph. He was quite active in 2016, and added many great photos of Vicksburg. Maybe Garrett could get the website back up if something happened to Bruce. Thanks for doing that.

CivilWarTalk

Lieutenant General
Owner & Webmaster
If the website is data is saved somewhere, maybe it can be salvaged. It looks like Bruce still owns the domain name.

I have a very powerful web server, and if they need a home, we can provide a spot, just like we did for Richard Weeks and CivilWarHome.com

Let me know if get in contact with anyone....

Buckeye Bill

Captain
Forum Host
Civil War Photo Contest
Annual Winner
If the website is data is saved somewhere, maybe it can be salvaged. It looks like Bruce still owns the domain name.

I have a very powerful web server, and if they need a home, we can provide a spot, just like we did for Richard Weeks and CivilWarHome.com

Hopefully I hear something today, Michael. Bruce really appreciated my contributions to his website. It was my pleasure.....

Bill

Vicksburger

First Sergeant

That would be great, Mike. The two greatest things on the internet are CWT and Civil War Album. We really appreciate it!

Vicksburger

First Sergeant
I used to talk with the website owner all of the time. But I haven't talked with Bruce Schulze in a couple of years. He was experiencing health problems, as well as his wife. I will try to send him an email today and see if he responds.

Bill
Bill: Have you heard anything about Bruce Schulze? Thanks for checking. Just wondering.

Buckeye Bill

Captain
Forum Host
Civil War Photo Contest
Annual Winner
Bill: Have you heard anything about Bruce Schulze? Thanks for checking. Just wondering.
I sent his hometown of Kingston Oklahoma police department an email last week. They wrote back and said they would send my message to him. I have not heard a peep from Bruce.

Bill

Vicksburger

First Sergeant
I sent his hometown of Kingston Oklahoma police department an email last week. They wrote back and said they would send my message to him. I have not heard a peep from Bruce.

Bill
Thanks Bill, well I guess maybe its good that they would forward it, means he's still here. He certainly was great back in 2016 when he did some of our requests on Vicksburg sites.That website is important, I think Mike believes that too. So hopefully Mike can get permission from Bruce to put it on his servers (I have no idea about technology).