Chocolate Covered Icky Stuff

JPK Huson 1863

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
This was inevitable- chocolate covered Iew, although that's unfair to the cultures considering them delightful. I know the Brits have a vegetable spread I'm secretly convinced is expressly for getting rid of the Yanks and they feel a PB and J is a secret gastronomic weapon. Still. Ants. Iew.

I think these are beetles

choc3.jpg

choc4.JPG

choc5.JPG

choc7.JPG

choc8.JPG

choc9.JPG

Attachments

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!
:frantic:Being from the south if you had chocolate covered opossum you may talk me into it.....................................NOT!!! Think I will pass on this. That is one cook book that will not be on my shelf.

Is it even safe to eat poisonous creatures covered in chocolate? What if you had a cut in your mouth?

I did some investigating and it seems edible scorpions are sold "detoxified," whatever that means. Other sources for them come with eating instructions to remove the stinger, or fangs in the case of spiders. No thank you, anything I have to be careful to eat correctly so I don't kill myself can just stay uneaten!

I've eaten a candy covered grasshopper and it was okay. Not too nasty, but not great either, similar to something like a fried whole shrimp coated with candy.

diane

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
I've been told you can eat anything if it's covered in chocolate or ketchup! But I can't say much. The old, old elders in my tribe still go out and kick over a rotten log for big fat grubs. These particular grubs turn into tree eating beetles so it's a good thing for the environment but...well, I just ain't that traditional! :sick:

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!