Chew's Arkansas Infantry Battalion records on Fold3

Zella

1st Lieutenant
Hi, everybody,

I was helping someone local with her Civil War genealogy. She didn't have a lot of her information with her, so I couldn't conclusively identify her ancestor. He was in Chew's Arkansas Infantry Battalion, and I had a devilish time trying to find his records on Fold3.

I know that battalion was eventually incorporated into the 39th Arkansas, but the one guy I found listed in the 39th with the same name would have served before the units merged.

So . . . it seems strange to me his records would be listed with that unit if he were with the battalion before the merger.

Do any of you know if that battalion has records on Fold3? My searches pulled up nothing. :frown:

Thanks in advance!

Hi, everybody,

I was helping someone local with her Civil War genealogy. She didn't have a lot of her information with her, so I couldn't conclusively identify her ancestor. He was in Chew's Arkansas Infantry Battalion, and I had a devilish time trying to find his records on Fold3.

I know that battalion was eventually incorporated into the 39th Arkansas, but the one guy I found listed in the 39th with the same name would have served before the units merged.

So . . . it seems strange to me his records would be listed with that unit if he were with the battalion before the merger.

Do any of you know if that battalion has records on Fold3? My searches pulled up nothing. :frown:

Thanks in advance!

http://www.history-sites.com/cgi-bin/bbs62x/arcwmb/webbbs_config.pl?md=read;id=15959

Back