Charleville (And Other) French Flintlock Pistols

Your comparing your pistol to the other simply due to the name on the barrel Prinz Taxis. The other looks aged. I suggest you reach out to some well known dealers in weapons of that period. I see your location is Dallas so some of the Antique weapon shows on the East Coast in Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, etc are out of reach for you. Unless you want to try the one in Vegas in January. I'll see if I can come up with some old e-mail addresses. Like I said it looks like a mixture of original and more modern parts with the a more modern restocking of the wood.
Will do.

Your comparing your pistol to the other simply due to the name on the barrel Prinz Taxis. The other looks aged. I suggest you reach out to some well known dealers in weapons of that period. I see your location is Dallas so some of the Antique weapon shows on the East Coast in Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, etc are out of reach for you. Unless you want to try the one in Vegas in January. I'll see if I can come up with some old e-mail addresses. Like I said it looks like a mixture of original and more modern parts with the a more modern restocking of the wood.
It’s actually even blonder than the pic. Here is an un-enhanced photo.

View attachment 422783
I really hadn't noticed you were located in Dallas - just run it by Jackson Armory which is located in Snyder Plaza a block off Hillcrest across from SMU. The owner retired Judge David Jackson will certainly know, and if he's not there (which unfortunately is all-too-common) store manager Doc (I forget his last name but he's a G-G-G Grandson of Jubal Early!) will know too.

Back