Restricted Cemetery monument threatened

Here's an example of calls now to remove a cemetery memorial and have it moved.....it's becoming absurd....in other cases they argue monuments should be removed from courthouses or parks to "more appropriate locations like cemeteries"

I suppose this one should be moved from a cemetery to a court house or park? It seems the location is irrelevant as they will still complain, so not sure how one thinks there can be compromise...

PapaReb

First Sergeant
This statue is already in a cemetery, not a courthouse lawn, not a town square and not on federal property. Removing it is NOT compromise. If everything that offends anybody has to be removed we might as well just have our entire population blinded so no one can see anything. This has gone beyond ridiculous.

RobertP

Lt. Colonel
This statue is already in a cemetery, not a courthouse lawn, not a town square and not on federal property. Removing it is NOT compromise. If everything that offends anybody has to be removed we might as well just have our entire population blinded so no one can see anything. This has gone beyond ridiculous.
My wife was saying the other day that we have gone from the “Greatest Generation” to a population who cries every time their feelings get hurt within a span of 75 years. It really is pathetic.

Last edited:

DanSBHawk

Captain
My wife was saying the other day that we have gone from the “Greatest Generation” to a population who cries every time their feelings get hurt within a span of 75 years. It really is pathetic.
In some ways, the current generation is greater, at least in terms of Civil Rights and a more truthful reckoning of our history.

That's the process, isn't it, before any compromise can take place?
As I asked, what's the compromise this time? Move it from a cemetery to a courthouse or public park....?

The argument has been to remove them from courthouses and public parks to "more appropriate locations like cemeteries".

If cemeteries are somehow now somehow inappropriate, shouldn't we quit compromising to spend millions to just move them to cemeteries and save the money leaving them where they are......

You can't compromise with people who continually move the compromise line. It's not really a good faith compromise to move something from "A" to "B" on a basis of "B" is more appropriate and acceptable.....if then are going to turn around and complain about "B"......

Last edited:

RobertP

Lt. Colonel
In some ways, the current generation is greater, at least in terms of Civil Rights and a more truthful reckoning of our history.
I’m sure you remember if old enough, or know if not that in 1961 JFK said, “Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.” Now ask yourself if that rhetoric would inspire younger generations today. There’s your answer.

Last edited:

DanSBHawk

Captain
I’m sure you remember if old enough, or know if not that in 1961 JFK said, “Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.” Now ask yourself if that rhetoric would inspire younger generations today. There’s your answer.
I have confidence in the younger generation today. That's my answer.