Celticness of the South split from Celtic and other influences on secession

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSecretSix

Corporal
Never said I was for any of what you described.
But it was a federal law, so I was wondering why for you that is an excuse for other things but not for this.

Fugitive slave act: lets see ... kidnapping, trial without jury, enslaving people. And you are FOR this????

I have a dim, fearful view of undocumenteds roaming about. They are forced into crime by their very nature as being fugitives. I do not care for slavery in any form, but every government before electricity seems to have needed it... to control the lives of others, as well as to make profit on the slaves. No, I am not for slavery. My ancestors in the Confederate army owned no slaves, and sought to own none.

The Fugitive Slave Law was too little too late for a Slavocracy that was in its ending stages, with way too many slaves and way too many citizens exposed to danger.

There is a Confederate Celtic-identifying South that is not identified with Slavery.

It exists today, and has no desire for any slaves to be made of anyone. Our ancestors saw slavery as an evil, Jefferson included, but they saw Northern Aggression as an even worse evil; one that, if left unchecked, could invite a whole diverse plague of evils upon the people. The English and New England were foremost in making this a problem for every generation. The Anglo-Saxon idea that Jefferson warned us of... about living on top of each other... has never been heeded at the North. And are you for that???