Celtic and other influences on secession split from Secession: Was it legal ?

TheSecretSix

Corporal
I have to partially disagree with Professor McDonald (which is normal; he's the least crazy of the three initial proponents of the bizarre and debunked Anglo/Celtic theory that a certain recent poster is so obsessed with); McDonald is mostly accurate in the above quotes so far as he goes - just as he was mostly accurate as far as he went in the Constitutional bicentennial speech in which he discussed the lucky circumstances that allowed for the right group of men at the right time, but acted as if slavery wasn't even on the framers' minds - but I think numerous posters in this thread have provided evidence that there were quite a few theoretical guidelines on secession, just no substantive legal or historical ones. The issue wasn't that there were no theories, but that there were nothing but theories.

I just have one question; where was it ever 'debunked'? Is there a page on here where it is discussed? Is it legal to discuss it at all on here? And if that was not the difference between these two peoples, something else caused the great dialect divide, the great ethics divide and the great lifestyle divide. One clearly thought Secession to be legal, as a right... while the other, politically indisposed to such, did not.

Back