Cedar Creek 155th - October 18-19-20 who is going?

bill shack

Private
so i just decided to go to the 155th of cedar creek , i registered at https://www.ccbf.us/ if you want to go register now as there is a cut off date .
I went to the 145th my first national event and was blown away, i really like this event. for the following reasons
1) the weather is not that killer heat that we get some times in the summer, that being said it can get cold once it almost snowed.
2) it is one of the battle reenactments that is on the original battle field .
3) it is the last nation event of the year and a lot of sutlers are willing to sell off their goods at very good prices, do this on the sunday to get the very best prices, my friend bought a fall creek a frame tent 7x8x9 for $200.
4) the biggest national reenactment are always on the 5 years increments , so the next big one will be the 160th .

so who is going to the 155th,

I was planning on attending, honestly don't know now. Its a long, long way out of normal stomping grounds, but I'd like to go, it'd be nice to reenact a battle one of my ancestors fought in, which I've never done.

Was planning on going with a friend, but now neither of us know if we'll make it up yonder.

What are the chances of it being called off again for something stupid like it was last year?

What are the chances of it being called off again for something stupid like it was last year?
I hope not. The word we got last year was there was insurance issues stemming from the problem of the year before. Don't know how true that is but i can see that happening. A small local event here that one of our groups members puts on had the event insurance get dropped at the last minute for no reason. Luckily one of the hosts of another event got wind of it and turned him on to the company they use and got it resolved quickly and in time. He was close to having to cancel the event.

If you make it to the CS camp I'll be with the 12th Georgia G 6th Battalion ANV, stop and say hi, ask for Drew from Florida. Hope to see you there.
I always loved attending as a reenactor and will again one day but my 7 year old daughter is really looking forward to go for both days as a spectator so I hope it doesn’t get cancelled.

Back