Caudill Family

I hope I didn’t stick my foot in my mouth from my Bates post. Anyway, I’m not 100% sure I have my research correct past my 2nd Great Grandfather. His name was Jackey C Caudill, husband of America Caudill, father of Carrie Caudill (my Great Grandmother). I’m confident in my research up to his mother Elizabeth Caudill, after that I begin to get nervous. If anyone has any knowledge or is a relative I would appreciate any help you can provide. Unfortunately I missed out on a lot of family history because I was younger when a lot of my family passed away. Truer words have never been spoken as taking your secrets to the grave. So I’m at a loss without having anyone I know around. Many thanks from a Newbie from Ky.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
I hope I haven't turned anyone away from this post. I received some advice about the Bates, I was hoping someone would have some info about the Caudills. As always I appreciate any and all help.

ErnieMac

Major
Forum Host
Silver Patron
I've attached Jackie Caudill's WWI and WWII Draft Registration Cards copied from Ancestry. It give his birth dates (even though the differ by one year) and WWII card his birth place (Big Stone Gap, Wise County, VA). Hopefully this will be of help to you.

44470_01_00009-01121.jpg

005150711_02075.jpg

I've attached Jackie Caudill's WWI and WWII Draft Registration Cards copied from Ancestry. It give his birth dates (even though the differ by one year) and WWII card his birth place (Big Stone Gap, Wise County, VA). Hopefully this will be of help to you.

View attachment 291688

View attachment 291690
Thank you very much, I don’t believe I saw them on there, I may have missed them though

Well, one problem I have ran into is I can’t find who his father was. I was able to trace his Mother back and found I’m Related to Benjamin Caudill (cousin) if my research is correct.