Miniatures Casualty of War

Sorry Dave , I wasn't ignoring you , just wasn't sure I was allowed to link to my site. Looks like someone beat me to it, (many thanks @Booner) :thumbsup:
All the figures on my website www.milmartminiatures.com have been produced in resin and are sold unpainted. The metal effect figures as shown above were done as a special for the Vicksburg muster and are not available on the site.
However only for members of CivilWarTalk , if anyone wants any figure on the site in a ' look like metal' finish ( Brass, Bronze, Copper, Silver) I will gladly cast them at no extra cost. Just send me a message in 'conversations' and I can send you my E-mail address.
Sounds great. As soon as I get to my computer I will do just that.

Charley King, a drummer for the 49th Pa., died of wounds suffered at Antietam when he was only 13 years old. King, who had enlisted in 1861 and was already a veteran, having served during the Peninsula Campaign in early 1862, had passed through a minor skirmish just before reaching the field at Antietam.
His regiment was in a rear area, but a stray Confederate shell exploded overhead, sending shrapnel down into the Pennsylvania troops. Young Kind was struck in the chest and severely wounded. He died in a field hospital three days later. He was the youngest casualty at Antietam.

These three 'specials' were made using the method of mixing resin with a very fine powdered brass metal. I then polished to a shine with a 0000 grade steel/wire wool and mounted them on a black card in a metal effect frame.
I would like to learn how to do that. But I cant sculpt like that.

Great job

I would like to learn how to do that. But I cant sculpt like that.

Great job
Let me just say how good rebel brit is at sculpting. Go look at the figures of Grant, Lee, Jesse James & Bill Anderson on his website.
You can actually recognize who his figurers are/ were in real life!
I've been around the hobby long enough and seen some wonderful sculptures who were supposed to that from a historical person, but the facial features were just not quite right.
Our rebel brit does it right, his sculpting is as good, if not better, than 99% of the sculptors who are selling figures of known historical figures. Go to his web site and judge for yourself.

Let me just say how good rebel brit is at sculpting. Go look at the figures of Grant, Lee, Jesse James & Bill Anderson on his website.
You can actually recognize who his figurers are/ were in real life!
I've been around the hobby long enough and seen some wonderful sculptures who were supposed to that from a historical person, but the facial features were just not quite right.
Our rebel brit does it right, his sculpting is as good, if not better, than 99% of the sculptors who are selling figures of known historical figures. Go to his web site and judge for yourself.

:redface: many thanks for the compliment, although I put it down to a strict quality controller......... you've met her.:laugh:

I need to know where his website is found??!?!

All the figures on my website www.milmartminiatures.com have been produced in resin and are sold unpainted. The metal effect figures as shown above were done as a special for the Vicksburg muster and are not available on the site.
However only for members of CivilWarTalk , if anyone wants any figure on the site in a ' look like metal' finish ( Brass, Bronze, Copper, Silver) I will gladly cast them at no extra cost. Just send me a message in 'conversations' and I can send you my E-mail address.

I sculpted this Flat figure just before the 2019 Vicksburg Muster. I made it using 'Bees Putty Firm' and then cast it in resin.
I finally got round to painting it in Acrylics during lockdown.
It depicts the tragic wounding of a young Drummer Boy.
It's approx 4" x 3" with a depth of 1/8th".
View attachment 368905 View attachment 368906
Thanks Ken my Casualty of War arrived yesterday, and so did the small surprise you included to help with my display. The cups fit perfectly. Thanks again my friend I look forward to purchasing more of your fine art work.

Coffee with Gen. Meade.jpg

I sculpted this Flat figure just before the 2019 Vicksburg Muster. I made it using 'Bees Putty Firm' and then cast it in resin.
I finally got round to painting it in Acrylics during lockdown.
It depicts the tragic wounding of a young Drummer Boy.
It's approx 4" x 3" with a depth of 1/8th".
View attachment 368905 View attachment 368906
Still working on how to display mine. Not quite happy with this yet, but I will need to think on it a while. I just love this piece. Thanks again.

Casualty of the War.jpg

Sorry Dave , I wasn't ignoring you , just wasn't sure I was allowed to link to my site. Looks like someone beat me to it, (many thanks @Booner) :thumbsup:
My "Johnny Reb" came last week but I was on vacation. Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier. It is another wonderful piece. Thanks again. Working on a frame to put it in, but here is what I have so far.

Johnny Reb by K Farrar.JPG

Johnny Reb by Ken Farrar.jpg

Back