Miniatures Casualty of War

rebel brit

1st Lieutenant
Forum Host
I sculpted this Flat figure just before the 2019 Vicksburg Muster. I made it using 'Bees Putty Firm' and then cast it in resin.
I finally got round to painting it in Acrylics during lockdown.
It depicts the tragic wounding of a young Drummer Boy.
It's approx 4" x 3" with a depth of 1/8th".
casualty of war 1.jpg
casualty of war 2.jpg

rebel brit

1st Lieutenant
Forum Host
Very Nice. I have the one you gave me at Vicksburg on my desk at the big house.

Thanks Richard, nice to see you still have it on display.
I decided to make one each for the three organisers at the Vicksburg Muster @ucvrelics , @bdtex , @lelliott19 in appreciation for all their hard work.
These three 'specials' were made using the method of mixing resin with a very fine powdered brass metal. I then polished to a shine with a 0000 grade steel/wire wool and mounted them on a black card in a metal effect frame.

lelliott19

Brigadier General
* OFFICIAL *
CWT PRESENTER
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Regtl. Staff Chickamauga 2018
Mine is hanging on the wall, prominently displayed with other Civil War art, including a canvas of my 2x great grandfather the surgeon. The refrigerator magnet one is where else - on my refrigerator.
15969038110832327876918635184358.jpg

Last edited:

lelliott19

Brigadier General
* OFFICIAL *
CWT PRESENTER
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Regtl. Staff Chickamauga 2018
When people ask you what CivilWarTalk is all about and why it has been around and so strong for so long (other than the amazing leadership of @CivilWarTalk and @ami)...direct them to this thread.
Absolutely JB. Look at the awesome inscription on the back.
15969059091784884471652906532702.jpg
15969059326568826017047600770760.jpg

Seduzal

Major
Retired Moderator
Mine is hanging on the wall, prominently displayed with other Civil War art, including a canvas of my 2x great grandfather the surgeon. The refrigerator magnet one is where else - on my refrigerator.
View attachment 368924

Thank you @rebel brit for this awesome article and for the our refrigerator magnets.

B770AF54-1848-4517-BF9F-79709F7208DD.jpeg

Claude Bauer

First Sergeant
Forum Host
I sculpted this Flat figure just before the 2019 Vicksburg Muster. I made it using 'Bees Putty Firm' and then cast it in resin.
View attachment 368905 View attachment 368906

Nicely done--a poignant and moving piece.

Virginia Dave

First Sergeant
Forum Host
View attachment 368905 View attachment 368906
Wonderful. How can one obtain one of these? Or any other of your pieces? It would be an honor to add one to my display. Your art is amazing.

rebel brit

1st Lieutenant
Forum Host
Wonderful. How can one obtain one of these? Or any other of your pieces? It would be an honor to add one to my display. Your art is amazing.

Sorry Dave , I wasn't ignoring you , just wasn't sure I was allowed to link to my site. Looks like someone beat me to it, (many thanks @Booner) :thumbsup:
All the figures on my website www.milmartminiatures.com have been produced in resin and are sold unpainted. The metal effect figures as shown above were done as a special for the Vicksburg muster and are not available on the site.
However only for members of CivilWarTalk , if anyone wants any figure on the site in a ' look like metal' finish ( Brass, Bronze, Copper, Silver) I will gladly cast them at no extra cost. Just send me a message in 'conversations' and I can send you my E-mail address.