Casting a Shiloh movie?

Assuming for a moment that a movie is made about the battle of Shiloh, what choices would you make casting-wise? I hadn't thought it would be so difficult until I sat down and began thinking about it, but maybe some of you have a clearer idea. One niggling issue to me anyway is who you would get for Sidney Johnston.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)

Robtweb1

2nd Lieutenant
Forum Host
Retired Moderator
Civil War Photo Contest
Annual Winner
Whoever would be cast in a part should be in the right age group. Always been a stickler for me, such as a man in his 60's playing John Bell Hood in another movie.

Not really up on current actors, but who comes to mind are the numerous men who play in the different cop shows such as Chicago PD, Bluebloods, etc.

JPK Huson 1863

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
Agree. There are some ridiculously talented actors whose names I couldn't tell you if you paid me. Here's a lowering thought. What if casting older men in these roles is a deliberate tactic? What's the median age of an ACW buff? Accepting someone as er, generationally gifted but recognized may be thought a better draw than some terrific actor we've never heard of.

Rats. Now I'll have to watch TV or worse, a movie besides the Star Wars series. The kids forced that on me one long visit and it's amazing.