Modern Carrot Cake Cupcakes

Anna Elizabeth Henry

1st Lieutenant
Silver Patron
A little something to try for the upcoming Easter holidays. For some reason I do associate carrot cake with Easter. I'm not sure if it stems from my childhood, as the Easter Bunny eats carrots and many Easter decorations depict carrots or if it's just a spring kind of cake. Regardless, I think carrot cupcakes is a great addition to the dessert table at Easter. You could of course make your own spice flavored cake from scratch instead of using the boxed cake mix. Also, you buy Cream Cheese frosting already prepared, too, but often I feel the flavor in those seems artificial somehow.

Ingredients -
  • 1 box all spice cake mix (Duncan Hines makes one)
  • 1 cup shredded carrots
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • sprinkles (pastel colored - Easter themed)
Cream Cheese Frosting:
  • ¼ cup white chocolate chips
  • 2 tablespoons. milk
  • 8 oz. softened cream cheese
  • 1 cup whipped topping
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
Directions -
  1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees
  2. Wash carrots & peel using a vegetable peeler. Use the grater to thinly grate them.
  3. In a medium size bowl mix cake mix, eggs, & oil. Add shredded carrots & mix for another minute.
  4. Pour mixture into a cupcake papers and bake for 15-20 minutes. Move the cupcakes to a wire cooling rack.
  5. For the frosting, microwave the milk chocolate in a small bowl for about 30 seconds; stir until the chocolate is completely melted.
  6. Combine softened cream cheese & white chocolate mixture in a mixing bowl. Use electric mixer to mix until creamy. Add the whipped topping & mix some more. Add powdered sugar & mix well again until all the ingredients become one.
  7. Transfer frosting to a pastry bag. Frost the cupcakes.
  8. Sprinkle on the sprinkles.

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

Anna Elizabeth Henry

1st Lieutenant
Silver Patron
A special award to Anne Elizabeth for this superb cake for Easter.
Aww! Thank you, Donna! I love to bake so it was a fun task minus the endless grating of the carrots :whistling:

That looks good. I saw in one of our grocery stores this week a Red Velvet Carrot Cake.both my wife and myself are trying to figure this one out.
Umm...that's an odd combo given red velvet cake has coco powder...hmm...with carrots? Not sure those flavors meld :cautious:

Anna Elizabeth Henry

1st Lieutenant
Silver Patron
Yeah,that's why we can't figure it out,and i'm not going to buy this to try it.
Nor would I! Too strange! Chocolate carrots?! I'm suddenly feeling queasy just at the thought :sick: I've seen some unusual combinations that work on the British Bake-Off contest. For instance there was rosemary and orange scones, but it worked well according to the judges, but I can see those two things actually playing well off each other, but chocolate and carrots not so much!

Nor would I! Too strange! Chocolate carrots?! I'm suddenly feeling queasy just at the thought :sick: I've seen some unusual combinations that work on the British Bake-Off contest. For instance there was rosemary and orange scones, but it worked well according to the judges, but I can see those two things actually playing well off each other, but chocolate and carrots not so much!
It is strange,they even had the cream cheese icing on it.I will eat almost anything once but I will pass on this.

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!