- Feb 15, 2015
- New York, New York
A little something to try for the upcoming Easter holidays. For some reason I do associate carrot cake with Easter. I'm not sure if it stems from my childhood, as the Easter Bunny eats carrots and many Easter decorations depict carrots or if it's just a spring kind of cake. Regardless, I think carrot cupcakes is a great addition to the dessert table at Easter. You could of course make your own spice flavored cake from scratch instead of using the boxed cake mix. Also, you buy Cream Cheese frosting already prepared, too, but often I feel the flavor in those seems artificial somehow.
- 1 box all spice cake mix (Duncan Hines makes one)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- sprinkles (pastel colored - Easter themed)
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons. milk
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees
- Wash carrots & peel using a vegetable peeler. Use the grater to thinly grate them.
- In a medium size bowl mix cake mix, eggs, & oil. Add shredded carrots & mix for another minute.
- Pour mixture into a cupcake papers and bake for 15-20 minutes. Move the cupcakes to a wire cooling rack.
- For the frosting, microwave the milk chocolate in a small bowl for about 30 seconds; stir until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Combine softened cream cheese & white chocolate mixture in a mixing bowl. Use electric mixer to mix until creamy. Add the whipped topping & mix some more. Add powdered sugar & mix well again until all the ingredients become one.
- Transfer frosting to a pastry bag. Frost the cupcakes.
- Sprinkle on the sprinkles.