Caption this! 1-19 - 1-25

ami

First Lady of CivilWarTalk
Super Moderator
Caption This!
tennessee_mountainman10.jpg

photo credit: @Tennessee_Mountainman

I'm sorry but this is not a reenactment photo. I saw this family hunting down in the holler just last week.

From left to right, that's Pa Willie Durden, nice feller, raises goats and sells a little shine on the side. Was in Nam so be careful what you say around him. Somebody hollered "puke" one day, he thought they yelled something else, and he was gone and hiding in the woods for three days.

Next to him is his daughter Lizzie. Lizzie wants to grow up and become the manager at the local Dairy Cup. She has some lofty goals since she won that spelling contest at school, for sure.

Georgie's next. Georgie's ambition in life is for his sister to get that managers job at Dairy Cup, so he can get a discount.

Next is Uncle Fester. Uncle Fester changed a lot since he went off to the city. We hear tell, he got soft in the loafers, but not a d--n person I know has any idear what that means.

And then thar is Uncle Cleo. It's been said that Cleo is about 3 steps shy of the second floor but we think he is just upset that little Lizzie outranks him. He's all right - loves to sample Pa's shine - sometimes when Pa offers.

And then the rock of the family - Ma Durden. Ma runs the family - don't let anyone say otherwise. While a kind lady, most will tell you since old Willie knocked her up years ago, she has been secretly ticked off at life ever since.

And lastly, there is Bill. We aren't allowed to talk out loud about Bill, cause he's plum crazy. Remember his face well - if you see Willie coming, move away.

The characters depicted here are ficticious. Any similarity to actual persons living along the Arkansas/Missouri border is purely coincidental.

Back