Cadet George Custer colorized by me

What did you think of the colorization?

• This is one of the greatest colorizations I’ve ever seen in my life, it’s a masterpiece!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It’s pretty good

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Meh, it’s fine

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Orion.M.E

Private
I colorized this photo in about an hour. I have two reasons for colorizing this photo, number one is that my ancestor whom took part in the grand review, Custer was at the grand review as well meaning that Custer could of met my ancestor which made colorizing this photo a bit more personal. Second is that on the internet there is a colorized version of this photo on the internet that was overall a low quality colorization. And because i want to be careful to not put any copyrighted photos on here like I’ve done twice in the past by accident I can’t show it to you guys. But you can look for it. The process of the photo was simple, I knew all the colors except the background and the table cloth. I got creative with those to. By the way if anyone wants to use this image for any of there forums just DM me, direct message. You‘ll need my permission so make sure to ask me on the weekends since that’s when I’m on here.

628E3090-D9A7-4572-A46F-93E20A195F89.jpeg

Last edited:
I colorized this photo in about an hour. I have two reasons for colorizing this photo, number one is that my ancestor whom took part in the grand review, Custer was at the grand review as well meaning that Custer could of met my ancestor which made colorizing this photo a bit more personal. Second is that on the internet there is a colorized version of this photo on the internet that was overall a low quality colorization. And because i want to be careful to not put any copyrighted photos on here like I’ve done twice in the past by accident I can’t show it to you guys. But you can look for it. The process of the photo was simple, I knew all the colors except the background and the table cloth. I got creative with those to. By the way if anyone wants to use this image for any of there forums just DM me, direct message. You‘ll need my permission so make sure to ask me on the weekends since that’s when I’m on here.

View attachment 388805
I think you did a great job.
Thank you😁

View attachment 388805
Strong possibility that Im going to touch it up some more.

Nice. Did he really have that much freckling on his face? Maybe lighten that up a wee bit..forehead and cheek bones in particular. Other than that, I think it’s a fine job!
That’s how he looked originally, no editing on that. When colorizing this photo I wanted to actually enhance the details of his pores because flaws is what makes us look human.

Thank you. I like it a lot! I was a freckle face myself. He carried it much better than I did though.

John

Nice. Did he really have that much freckling on his face? Maybe lighten that up a wee bit..forehead and cheek bones in particular. Other than that, I think it’s a fine job!
Custer was reddish-blond (we have a thread somewhere where one of his locks is shown, definitely a lot more blond than it appears here) so it could very well be that he was freckled that much.
I'd say the green and pink colors on the tablecloth are not very likely, but then, this is not about about the tablecloth, right?

Custer was reddish-blond (we have a thread somewhere where one of his locks is shown, definitely a lot more blond than it appears here) so it could very well be that he was freckled that much.
I'd say the green and pink colors on the tablecloth are not very likely, but then, this is not about about the tablecloth, right?
Strawberry blonde. It’s a very tough colour to capture. I think you did well.

I don't want to discourage you, but the eyes are not right. They are far too bright and thus inconsistent with the more muted colors elsewhere in the photo. I also agree with @Faraway Friend that the hair color is incorrect. Those things aside, I think you did well with the uniform jacket, hands, and revolver.

A lock of his hair. Photo from Heritage Auctions.
lf.jpeg

Thank you😁

Strong possibility that Im going to touch it up some more.
One thing with this colorized picture is that one can see all the acme marks on his face. or are is it freckles ? How would one know with such a innocent expression , that this cadet would lead his soldiers into a butchery . He did accomplish one thing there, he died an immortal death and he did not live to undergo a military inquest/ court martial. But was not the remaining Seventh clavary present and took their revenge for Custer at the ''battle'' of Wounded Knee.?

Back