C-Span Civil War Series

A very impressive panel,I used to like Brooks Simpson until he went crazy ranting about the Virginia Flaggers.the rest of the panel is first rate but I am a fan of Scot Hartwig.

You are confusing two different panels, regarding content. The Meade Panel stuck very close to it intended subject: Meade. The last panel of the Conference was open topic, thus, there were many subjects discussed. The Flaggers may have come up in the context of symbols -- flags -- and their perceived meanings then/now. It was all in context with the discussion -- no ranting, particularly.

You are confusing two different panels, regarding content. The Meade Panel stuck very close to it intended subject: Meade. The last panel of the night was open topic, thus, there were many subjects discussed. The Flaggers may have come up in the context of symbols -- flags -- and their perceived meanings then/now. It was all in context with the discussion -- no ranting, particularly.
Saw you asking your question. You need to wear a Virginia Tech shirt.

You are confusing two different panels, regarding content. The Meade Panel stuck very close to it intended subject: Meade. The last panel of the Conference was open topic, thus, there were many subjects discussed. The Flaggers may have come up in the context of symbols -- flags -- and their perceived meanings then/now. It was all in context with the discussion -- no ranting, particularly.
Thanks for the explanation. I found the original comment puzzling. So what?

Thanks for the explanation. I found the original comment puzzling. So what?

Actually, Professor Simpson has been quite a bit ahead of the curve on his discussions regarding "heritage" groups. A lot of what came up in that last panel has come to pass in current events. I don't suppose that many people will be chiding him anymore regarding discussing "more important" topics. It is thee topic.

Actually, Professor Simpson has been quite a bit ahead of the curve on his discussions regarding "heritage" groups. A lot of what came up in that last panel has come to pass in current events. I don't suppose that many people will be chiding him anymore regarding discussing "more important" topics. It is thee topic.
Quite.

Reactions: Bee
No,I used to subscribed To Brooks Simpson Blog but then we went crazy for at least 2 months rant and raving about the Virginia flaggers.it was so bad that I just had to stop getting his blog.he has a case of OCD about them and that's not why I subscribed,I was on his blog for several years before this.

No,I used to subscribed To Brooks Simpson Blog but then we went crazy for at least 2 months rant and raving about the Virginia flaggers.it was so bad that I just had to stop getting his blog.he has a case of OCD about them and that's not why I subscribed,I was on his blog for several years before this.
I always am cautious about ascribing various conditions to people with whom I disagree, lest it reveal that I'm the one with the problem. Nor does this information seem relevant to the panel in question. But I tend to stay away from the obsessive behavior of claiming others display obsessive behavior.

Last edited:

My bad for making conversation on this; it detracts from the purpose of the thread: the videos.

@JerseyBart I am okay with it if you want to clean up the thread and get rid of some of my chat.

Back