Burton, Oh- Century Village : August 14-15th

Belle Montgomery

2nd Lieutenant
http://www.centuryvillagemuseum.org/civil-war-rescheduled.html

1623949327428.png

I will be singing both Saturday and Sunday in the Church.

My son and his dog tent are going to make a go of it. He may fall in with the 19th. Oh man, it’s had to be a civilian impression without a tent! -I got a last min. Reservation at a hotel for Saturday. *whew*

I will be singing both Saturday and Sunday in the Church.

My son and his dog tent are going to make a go of it. He may fall in with the 19th. Oh man, it’s had to be a civilian impression without a tent! -I got a last min. Reservation at a hotel for Saturday. *whew*
Cant wait to see you! Of course the CW song bird (church lady singer) will be upstairs in the church but the "deceptive" female "spy" and her presentaion will be right below you in the conference room in the church basement. :giggle: At least there is a back door walk out/in from the basement with a covered entrance for easy access for the spectators.

Last edited:
Cant wait to see you! Of course the CW song bird (church lady singer) will be upstairs in the church but the "deceptive" female "spy" and her presentaion will be right below you in the church basement. :giggle: At least there is a back door walk out/in from the basement with a covered entrance for easy access for the spectators.
This sis my first time at this venue and I am super excited! Can’t wait to have “my” spy waiting in the wings! And of course you can always come in and listen..

A number of us from the 8th OVI walked on Saturday morning and participated in the day's events. It was good fun and awesome to see so many old friends. Thanks to the Union HQ for folding us in and making us feel welcome, and to the event staff for making it easy to come and go. Hope Sunday's activities went as well as Saturday's did.

OMG we had a blast!! I can’t decide where to post the “fun”…thanks to the folks who folded my son into their ranks. I think it was the 66th? Infantry..His first experience with firing a black powder gun..evidently, the mix doesn’t taste so good…lol! And he got to do bayonet drill, which has been on his list of “todo” for quite some time. I cannot get over how kind they were to include him, loaner gun, belt, box etc, etc…as well as feeding him breakfast!

Thank you to the 5th Kentucky for filling my tin cup with hot, good coffee! I hoteled it..but breakfast wasn‘t served until 8 and I needed to be back to camp. Ugh, won’t make the “I don’t really have breakfst in my kit” mistake again…They were cooking bacon..Just not bold enough yet to ask for vitals from strangers!

OMG we had a blast!! I can’t decide where to post the “fun”…thanks to the folks who folded my son into their ranks. I think it was the 66th? Infantry..His first experience with firing a black powder gun..evidently, the mix doesn’t taste so good…lol! And he got to do bayonet drill, which has been on his list of “todo” for quite some time. I cannot get over how kind they were to include him, loaner gun, belt, box etc, etc…as well as feeding him breakfast!

Thank you to the 5th Kentucky for filling my tin cup with hot, good coffee! I hoteled it..but breakfast wasn‘t served until 8 and I needed to be back to camp. Ugh, won’t make the “I don’t really have breakfst in my kit” mistake again…They were cooking bacon..Just not bold enough yet to ask for vitals from strangers!
The 66th OVI are good folks. We have fallen in with them on a number of occasions and they have a terrific auxiliary that cooks wonderful meals. We had a half-dozen new guys in our ranks aged from 20 to 50. This was a good event to get them out, do some company and battalion drill, a dress parade, and to let them "see the elephant." Like your son, they are well-hooked now! See you at Zoar!

The 66th OVI are good folks. We have fallen in with them on a number of occasions and they have a terrific auxiliary that cooks wonderful meals. We had a half-dozen new guys in our ranks aged from 20 to 50. This was a good event to get them out, do some company and battalion drill, a dress parade, and to let them "see the elephant." Like your son, they are well-hooked now! See you at Zoar!
And you will. I will be doing my Songbird bit, and my son will be with the First Ohio Light Artillary. Assuming all goes well…

Back