Breechldrs Burnside Carbine, Fifth Model

I would like to be able to research the history of the Burnside 1864 carbine, any info that is available to do so concerning place of issue and to whom they were issued. Thank you to any who can help with this post. Mnman

I would like to be able to research the history of the Burnside 1864 carbine, any info that is available to do so concerning place of issue and to whom they were issued. Thank you to any who can help with this post. Mnman
Yours is about 4,000 earlier than mine, and I understand that mine rests between two others with near serial numbers that were known to have been issued to a Pennsylvania cavalry regiment in August, 1864. While it's probable we may never know exactly, it appears that at least ours should've been manufactured early enough in 1864 to at least have been issued and seen service in the campaigns at the close of the war like those in the Shenandoah Valley that fall.

I received a call from Horse Soldier today she unfortunately did not have any info on my early 1864 Burnside. I asked also about my 1884 Springfield Trapdoor same results. Ofcourse I was disappointed but the day isn't over, other avenues might open for these two work horses of old. Mnman

Back