Britain's "Daily Mail" on Colorized Photos

13D2237A-59A0-4BE5-B79D-DE6BFB0A864D.jpeg

You're welcome. It's amazing the Brits are still interested in our 19th century Unpleasantness.
Americans probably see the late unpleasantness as an isolated civil war, the rest of us ‘non Americans’ see it differently, lots of nationalities fought and died and the consequences of the war had an impact on a lot of people back here in Blighty, especially on the tiny island of Ireland, the Scots and Welsh lost a few sons and fathers. So, yep, us Brits have an interest in the war and it’s probably fair to say that British interest in the civil war is as popular today as it’s always been.:smile:

Last edited:
It's pretty cool. The pictures are worth a gander. Cheers.

Cheers, back- thanks for the link. He's really good, gee whiz!! Men on the steps of a house, for instance, how on earth did he get the color of a weathered white paint on that house? Crazy. It's an eye popping image of a young girl, too- we never get to see those dresses in color save on mannequins in museums.

I love the image of the surgeons. That's a standout for me. As well as the one of the young black woman. She is a beauty.

You're welcome. It's amazing the Brits are still interested in our 19th century Unpleasantness.

A World on Fire a book by Amanda Foreman , Its and interesting read Drew and puts into perspective Britain's role in the ACW.

Up to 50,000 British Citizens fought in the ACW mainly on the Union side and we also have two medal of honour winners one from my home town Philip Baybutt

If you get a bit of time its worth a read.

Well that all depends on your political leanings I advise not to spread false infomation , It may be a rag in your eyes but not everyone's.

They certainly sell enough papers so it has to popular in some way.[/QUOT
The rag is known universally here as the "Daily Fail". I'll say no more - you make your won judgement.
‘rebelatsea’.I bet you’re a Guardian reader. And I’m not psychic.

Back