NF Brigades of Gettysburg by Bradley M. Gottfried?

Non-Fiction
It's a good reference work if you need a quick look up about the actions of a particular infantry brigade. The only criticism I have of the book is that it doesn't cover the cavalry brigades.

Ryan
..and now you can get it.
51XwW9GvwxL._SX348_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Saw this on the internet yesterday, I was wondering if anyone here has read it and what are you opinions?

Judging from the reviews online, it seems like a handy reference book.

Thank you.

Respectfully,
Kyle Kalasnik
The thread title says this is a review - where is it?

I have three books by Bradley Gottfried: The Brigades of Gettysburg, The Artillery of Gettysburg and The Maps of Gettysburg. By profession, he is an academic. Although his Ph.D. is in Zoology, his research into history is thorough, and so far as I can tell, as reliable as any. By way of example of his carefulness, the monument on the battlefield for the 1st US, Batteries E&G (Randol's Battery) shows it was armed with four 12 pounders. Gottfried correctly states that, like all horse artillery by that time, they were armed with four ordinance rifles, which were lighter and better suited for cavalry duty.

I like all three of the books noted above and use them often as a reference.

I have three books by Bradley Gottfried: The Brigades of Gettysburg, The Artillery of Gettysburg and The Maps of Gettysburg. By profession, he is an academic. Although his Ph.D. is in Zoology, his research into history is thorough, and so far as I can tell, as reliable as any. By way of example of his carefulness, the monument on the battlefield for the 1st US, Batteries E&G (Randol's Battery) shows it was armed with four 12 pounders. Gottfried correctly states that, like all horse artillery by that time, they were armed with four ordinance rifles, which were lighter and better suited for cavalry duty.

I like all three of the books noted above and use them often as a reference.
Thank you for your help. I’ll have to get those too. I purchased The Brigades of Gettysburg, it is awesome book to have for reference.

Respectfully,
Kyle Kalasnik

I've also bought all of his map books with the exception of the newest one about the cavalry operations during the Gettysburg Campaign. While I don't agree 100% with all of his interpretations, they are all excellent resources to have on hand.

Ryan

Thank you for your help. I’ll have to get those too. I purchased The Brigades of Gettysburg, it is awesome book to have for reference.

Respectfully,
Kyle Kalasnik
Then why not add a REAL review of it to this thread?

Back