CWT Presents Brian F. Swartz - Passing Through the Fire: Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain in the Civil War

Added to Calendar: 07/28/21

lelliott19

Brigadier General
* OFFICIAL *
CWT PRESENTER
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Regtl. Staff Chickamauga 2018
1626835686145.png

Wednesday, July 28, 2021 at 8:30 pm EDT
CivilWarTalk Presents:
Brian F. Swartz
author of
Passing Through the Fire: Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain in the Civil War

In A Free Live Video Presentation

Passing Through the Fire: Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain in the Civil War chronicles Chamberlain’s swift transition from college professor and family man to regimental and brigade commander. A natural leader, he honed his fighting skills at Shepherdstown and Fredericksburg. Praised by his Gettysburg peers for leading the 20th Maine Infantry’s successful defense of Little Round Top—an action that would eventually earn him Civil War immortality—Chamberlain experienced his most intense combat after arriving at Petersburg. Drawing on Chamberlain’s extensive memoirs and writings and multiple period sources, historian Brian F. Swartz follows Chamberlain across Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Virginia while examining the determined warrior who let nothing prevent him from helping save the United States.

Raised on Chamberlain Street in Brewer, Maine, Brian F. Swartz has worked as a newspaper reporter, editor, and photographer for 34 years and has published several books. He writes the Maine at War blog post, published weekly at www.maineatwar.bangordailynews.com, and lives with his wife, Susan, and their cat Getty (short for “Gettysburg”) in Hampden, Maine.

***REGISTER NOW TO RESERVE YOUR SEAT***
Seating is limited. You don't have to be a member of CivilWarTalk to attend.
Don't forget to mark the date on your calendar!
Live on Zoom Wednesday, July 28, 2021 at 8:30 pm EDT.

https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwvfumuqzopEtwZSWNWKtX9nQf8u-8mYlQZ

Last edited:
It's time to register and plan to join us tomorrow night on Zoom when our guest will be Brian F. Swartz discussing his new book Passing Through the Fire: Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain in the Civil War .
***REGISTER NOW TO RESERVE YOUR SEAT***

Mr. Swartz writes a column (and blog) for the Bangor Daily News (Maine). A retired journalist, the Civil War is his great interest--no, I'd say obsession. I can't imagine that there are very many who know more about General Chamberlain than he--and I registered as soon as I saw the notice!

Back