Discussion Braxton Bragg Timeline Between Tupelo and Perryville 1862

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!
Hey, I need some help, please, and I know this is the best place to get it.

I'm doing some research for my next novel and I need to pin down some dates and location of Bragg and his Army of Mississippi from when he takes command in Tupelo June 14, 1862, to the Battle of Perryville, October 8, 1862.

When did he leave Tupelo?

Where was he August 15, 1862? (This is important in my story.)

I need to construct a timeline of dates and places. Thank you. You guys are the best. I mentioned this site in the acknowledgments in my last novel. Rampage on the River: The Battle for Island No. 10 (2nd Michigan Cavalry Chronicles: Book 1)

Lubliner

First Sergeant
On August 15, General Bragg was here in Chattanooga and Sterling Price was in Tupelo. [Page 680].
June 17, 1862- temporarily supersedes General Beauregard, Dept. No. 2, Western Department.
June 20, 1862- General Bragg assigned to command of Department No. 2.
[Official Records-Chapter XXIX, Series 1, Volume 17, Part 1-Summary]
[Page 619] June 23, 1862- Bragg still at Tupelo inquiring about the limits of command to Richmond.
[Page 626] General Bragg at Tupelo on June 27, 1862 assumes permanent command, issuing a statement to the troops, an excerpt, “A few more days of needful preparation and organization and I shall give your banners to the breeze----“.
[Page 629] From Tupelo, June 30, Bragg states; “Want of transportation is holding me in check. Am sending a small division to East Tennessee.” Reserve Corps to Ellistown on July 1, direct route, 3 day march, about 45 miles.
There is no timeline yet I can find in this volume. You may ask for more to me if you need. Thanks,
Lubliner.

On August 15, General Bragg was here in Chattanooga and Sterling Price was in Tupelo. [Page 680].
June 17, 1862- temporarily supersedes General Beauregard, Dept. No. 2, Western Department.
June 20, 1862- General Bragg assigned to command of Department No. 2.
[Official Records-Chapter XXIX, Series 1, Volume 17, Part 1-Summary]
[Page 619] June 23, 1862- Bragg still at Tupelo inquiring about the limits of command to Richmond.
[Page 626] General Bragg at Tupelo on June 27, 1862 assumes permanent command, issuing a statement to the troops, an excerpt, “A few more days of needful preparation and organization and I shall give your banners to the breeze----“.
[Page 629] From Tupelo, June 30, Bragg states; “Want of transportation is holding me in check. Am sending a small division to East Tennessee.” Reserve Corps to Ellistown on July 1, direct route, 3 day march, about 45 miles.
There is no timeline yet I can find in this volume. You may ask for more to me if you need. Thanks,
Lubliner.
Thank you so much! What is this book you're quoting?

Lubliner

First Sergeant
Thank you so much! What is this book you're quoting?
The Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies, in 126 Volumes. This was Volume 17 in Series 1. There is a Cornell University online library of them, but due to scanning, I bought the double-disk set off Amazon for approx. 60 dollars, with the additional Navy Volumes and Atlas together as one purchase. Glad I helped.
Lubliner.

Lubliner

First Sergeant
Wow! Once again, thank you.
If you need more to cross-check a reference I will try to stay attentive by checking in a few times each day until I know you have completed it. It may be located online if you know the navigation pane. I don't. All the listings of troops are out of order. On the disk I have, I have to click each page to locate it, but can skim through 500 pages in 4 minutes, stopping every 30 pages or so to see where I am. Just do as you have done, and I will be notified. Thanks Cody.
Lubliner.