Brawner Farm Interpretive Center At 2nd Manassas Battlefield

Jimklag

Lt. Colonel
A few photos from Brawner's Farm.
DSCN0248.JPG
DSCN0249.JPG
DSCN0250.JPG

I have always been interested in the battle at Brawner's Farm, and the Battle of Manassas. Thank you for posting this. I have always thought the house was post Civil War. Thanks for posting it @Jimklag.
These photos are from 2012. They were still on my little camera after this last trip to Virginia. It's still the first time they were ever posted, they're just not from 2018. Edit: 2015 was our last previous Virginia trip.

Last edited:
A few more Brawner photos.
brawner1.JPG
brawner2.JPG
brawner3.JPG

On the field above, Jackson's troops moved toward the camera position from out of the tree line at right-center and formed line of battle. The view is from the direction of the Turnpike. Jackson's intention was to attack the flank of the Union column marching down the pike from camera left to right. The union troops moved by their left flank to face Jackson's men.

Last edited:
Nice photos, thanks for posting. Was there with my parents when I was a kid. Diffidently need to go back.

Those 5th New York Zouaves took a real pounding at Second Manassas. They went up against the entire Texas Brigade! One hundred twenty Zouaves were killed within eight minutes, the greatest single battle fatality of all Federal volunteer infantry regiments in the entire Civil War. The entire color guard was killed, except for one man. The only officer to survive the battle was Captain Cleveland Winslow. The 5th suffered over 330 total casualties in the fight.

Red-Devils-by-Ron-Troiani-–-5th-New-York-Infantry-27.June-1862.jpg

Those 5th New York Zouaves took a real pounding at Second Manassas. They went up against the entire Texas Brigade! One hundred twenty Zouaves were killed within eight minutes, the greatest single battle fatality of all Federal volunteer infantry regiments in the entire Civil War. The entire color guard was killed, except for one man. The only officer to survive the battle was Captain Cleveland Winslow. The 5th suffered over 330 total casualties in the fight.

View attachment 192290
Excellent.

View attachment 192290
Their Monument at Manassas Battlefield
5th.jpg

Back