Grant Brass Napoleon Award Voting ~ Grant

Choose the Brass Napoleon Award Winner

• Ulysses S. Grant's persistent negative press

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Was Ulysses S. Grant actually an alcoholic?

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • West Point dedicates statue of Ulysses S. Grant as his presidential stature increases

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • The Ulysses S. Grant Presidential Library, Excellent Online Resource

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Ulysses S. Grant: Overrated or Underrated?

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ami

First Lady of CivilWarTalk
Super Moderator
brass-napoleon-icon-jpg.jpg

Please vote for the one you think most deserves this award!
About the Award
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ulysses S. Grant's persistent negative press

Was Ulysses S. Grant actually an alcoholic?

West Point dedicates statue of Ulysses S. Grant as his presidential stature increases

The Ulysses S. Grant Presidential Library, Excellent Online Resource

Ulysses S. Grant: Overrated or Underrated?

Last edited by a moderator:
Voted !

:smile coffee:

@Cavalry Charger has done an excellent job of transforming the Grant forum into one of the most interesting biography platforms on CivilWarTalk.

And yeah, I said that.

As one of the original hosts of the Nathan Bedford Forrest forum, I know how hard it is to accomplish such when dealing with an always controversial personality.

Great job @Cavalry Charger !

Last edited:
Voted !

:smile coffee:

@Cavalry Charger has done an excellent job of transforming the Grant forum into one of the most interesting biography platforms on CivilWarTalk.

And yeah, I said that.

As one of the original hosts of the Nathan Bedford Forrest forum, I know how hard it is to accomplish such when dealing with an always controversial personality.

Great job @Cavalry Charger !
:smile:

Oh my gosh! That is very high praise indeed, coming no less from the battle hardened former host of the Forrest forum.

Thank you so much for your very kind words. They mean a lot to me.

My General and I salute you :grant:

I think I need to come back here to thank all the marvellous contributors of threads to the Grant forum, some of which are featured here today. I could only feature five, but it's also those who contribute their extensive knowledge to the various threads that deserve recognition. The Grant forum wouldn't be what it is without you. Thank you all so much for your contributions and participation!

Now the only thing left to do is sit back and see which thread will take the prize :smile coffee:

:smile:

Oh my gosh! That is very high praise indeed, coming no less from the battle hardened former host of the Forrest forum.

Thank you so much for your very kind words. They mean a lot to me.

My General and I salute you :grant:
I agree that @Cavalry Charger has been an excellent host. He reads everything and encourages good debate. I’ve noticed that the debates are less rancorous than they used to be.

I agree that @Cavalry Charger has been an excellent host. He reads everything and encourages good debate. I’ve noticed that the debates are less rancorous than they used to be.

Thank you so much for your lovely compliment :smile: Once again, I really appreciate it. Especially coming from another Grant fan and wonderful contributor to the threads. I, too, feel a lot of the rancour has gone out of these threads and that has a lot to do with the posters as well. They are holding their own in that sense, and some great discussion has been had because of that. Which is something else I really appreciate.

I might just need to clarify one thing since my user name is not much of an indication ... I'm a gal, not a guy :wink:

Thank you so much for your lovely compliment :smile: Once again, I really appreciate it. Especially coming from another Grant fan and wonderful contributor to the threads. I, too, feel a lot of the rancour has gone out of these threads and that has a lot to do with the posters as well. They are holding their own in that sense, and some great discussion has been had because of that. Which is something else I really appreciate.

I might just need to clarify one thing since my user name is not much of an indication ... I'm a gal, not a guy :wink:
A gal? Well I’ll be!

Me too, by the way. I realized my name and picture could indicate masculinity.

Back