CWT Presents Bradley M. and Linda I. Gottfried - Lincoln Comes to Gettysburg: The Creation of the Soldiers’ National Cemetery and Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address

Added to Calendar: 09/22/21

lelliott19

Brigadier General
* OFFICIAL *
CWT PRESENTER
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Regtl. Staff Chickamauga 2018
"CivilWarTalk Presents" returns Wednesday, September 22nd at 8:30 pm EDT. Make plans to join us!
1631890355695.png

Almost 8,000 dead dotted the fields of Gettysburg after the guns grew silent. The Confederate dead were hastily buried, but what of the Union dead? Several men hatched the idea of a new cemetery to bury and honor the Union soldiers just south of town. Their task was difficult to say the least. Lincoln Comes to Gettysburg: The Creation of the Soldiers’ National Cemetery and Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address by Bradley M. Gottfried and Linda I. Gottfried recounts the events surrounding the creation of the Soldiers’ National Cemetery, its dedication, and concentrates on Lincoln’s visit to Gettysburg on November 18- 19, 1863.

Live on Zoom
Wednesday, September 22 at 8:30pm EDT
***REGISTER TO RESERVE YOUR SEAT***

Stay tuned for a complete schedule of upcoming CivilWarTalk Presents events -- coming soon in the calendar section of the Forum.

Hey guys.... don't forget CivilWarTalk Presents returns live on Zoom tomorrow night Wednesday, September 22 at 8:30 pm EDT with Bradley and Linda Gottfried on their brand new book Lincoln Comes to Gettysburg: The Creation of the Soldiers' National Cemetery and Lincoln's Gettysburg Address

Wednesday, September 22 at 8:30pm EDT
***REGISTER TO RESERVE YOUR SEAT***

I'm registered.

You guys get signed up! Its not too late! This book is brand new - just released by Savas Beatie.

Yall come on! Its not too late! Register and come join us!

Really enjoyed tonight. As he said, one of the things that makes it a great topic is how rare it was for both Civil War Commander-in-Chiefs to make trips like that away from the respective Capitols.

Back