Books covering the War in NW Arkansas post 1862

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

Rusk County Avengers

First Sergeant
Forum Host
There is no shortage of books covering the war in this area before 1863. The buildup to Wilson's Creek, the battles of Pea Ridge, and Prairie Grove have seen to this, but since reading "Fields of Blood: The Prairie Grove Campaign" and traveling the area several weeks back, (and it seems I may be there again in a couple of weeks) a question has occurred to me.

What books cover the war here after 1862?

After Prairie Grove, everything grew quiet here. One could be forgiven for thinking it was all over here, but it wasn't. There were small battles, like Fayetteville and a few others, but for the most part the area devolved into a guerilla war not unlike the mess that permeated Missouri, yet much less seems to be written about it. The main Union force stationed in the region was the Union's First Arkansas Cavalry, and one of its senior officers wrote a book covering it "Loyalty on the Frontier" by Albert Bishop, and a first hand account always takes center stage for me, but what all else is there?

What say all y'all on the matter?

Also after I finish some other books, ( "To Appomattox" and "Champion Hill: Decisive Battle for Vicksburg"), I thing "Loyalty on the Frontier" sounds like a good book to add to the library, as well as a review.

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!