Booked: Gettysburg November 5-8 2014

JerseyBart

Brigadier General
Forum Host
We're staying at America's Best Value Inn this year as the 1863 Inn was booked solid. I'm looking to get a guided tour our the first day's battle this time around, wander around on my own in search of pretty much anything of interest or floats my boat, and book another ghost tour. Sue me...I enjoy the stories, true or not, and walking around town on a cold, dark November night. I cannot wait.

You're taking the baby? Throw her in a Snugli and have her do the Pickett's Charge field with you. The sooner the better. My son was 11 months old when he did his first--he slept all the way over and back.

Oh, and Sach's Bridge and Power's Hill, with or without the baby.:smile:
She's coming...Devil's Den for her. :D

... and don't forget to treat us with as many orbs on your photos as possible! :D
No, I should stop kidding, I'm sure you will have some great experiences.
And I thoroughly envy you! You have been there only last year and I will have to wait until 2016 to return ... :cry:

... and don't forget to treat us with as many orbs on your photos as possible! :D
No, I should stop kidding, I'm sure you will have some great experiences.
And I thoroughly envy you! You have been there only last year and I will have to wait until 2016 to return ... :cry:
Thanks faraway.

...thinking of driving out to the Cashtown Inn too.
Any other suggestions?
Cashtown Inn prefers reservations. We lucked out as walk-ins, but while we were there, several other walk-ins were turned away. Sat there and gawked at the other diners, and I was impressed with the service. Yourself, being a city boy, might not be as impressed.

Cashtown Inn prefers reservations. We lucked out as walk-ins, but while we were there, several other walk-ins were turned away. Sat there and gawked at the other diners, and I was impressed with the service. Yourself, being a city boy, might not be as impressed.
I just want to see where some of the southern army came through to get to Gettysburg.

If I'm looking to schedule a more specific guided tour...day one battle...do I call the same nps phone number to make reservations?

I can't wait to return to Gettysburg. I love the Ghost tours also. Lol, I'd really like to stay at the Farnsworth house when I return. In the original section. Should be fun!

I can't wait to return to Gettysburg. I love the Ghost tours also. Lol, I'd really like to stay at the Farnsworth house when I return. In the original section. Should be fun!
Me too. Whether the stories are true or not, it's a fun experience. Ghost stories...walking around at nighttime in a historic town...cold when we go in November...all that's missing is a campfire and some s'mores!!!

Back