Book Club: The Chickamauga Campaign—A Mad Irregular Battle:

shermans_march

First Sergeant
Meeting tonight! 10-18-17 9:00pm in the chatroom

I am happy to announce the Book Club for CivilWarTalk. This idea came up in a recent thread and I thought it was something that could really catch on. I am glad to say there is enough interest in this Book Club that we are going ahead with it.

From the poll results our first book is going to be:

battle of chicamauga painting_001.jpg

The Chickamauga Campaign—A Mad Irregular Battle: From the Crossing of Tennessee River Through the Second Day, August 22 - September 19, 1863 by David Powell

The plan is to read 2 Chapters per week and have a weekly discussion each Wednesday evening. This discussion will be in the Chat Room and will take place at 9pm ET. Our first meeting is going to be September 20th.

Chickamauga: A Mad Irregular Battle by David Powell
Wednesday 9 PM ET in the Chat Room
First meeting: September 20th

Link to Chat room: https://civilwartalk.com/taigachat/

I recommend you bookmark this page to be able to find it easily.

Glad to have you in the Book Club and look forward to seeing you in the Chat!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am happy to announce the Book Club for CivilWarTalk. This idea came up in a recent thread and I thought it was something that could really catch on. I am glad to say there is enough interest in this Book Club that we are going ahead with it.

From the poll results our first book is going to be:

View attachment 157796

The Chickamauga Campaign—A Mad Irregular Battle: From the Crossing of Tennessee River Through the Second Day, August 22 - September 19, 1863 by David Powell

The plan is to read 2 Chapters per week and have a weekly discussion each Wednesday evening. This discussion will be in the Chat Room and will take place at 9pm ET. Our first meeting is going to be September 20th.

Chickamauga: A Mad Irregular Battle by David Powell
Wednesday 9 PM ET in the Chat Room
First meeting: September 20th

Link to Chat room: https://civilwartalk.com/taigachat/

I recommend you bookmark this page to be able to find it easily.

Glad to have you in the Book Club and look forward to seeing you in the Chat!
There is a Civil War Trust video/animated map of the battle that might be of interest to the book club participants.

If you go to you tube under Chickamauga search for a video about the battle by Jim Ogden,he is the park historian and a park ranger there.great video about the battle as its about an hour long.I might stop by the book club as I have read all 5 of Dave Powells books.if you go to Chickamauga you just might get Jim Ogden as a tour guide,if you enjoy.

If you go to you tube under Chickamauga search for a video about the battle by Jim Ogden,he is the park historian and a park ranger there.great video about the battle as its about an hour long.I might stop by the book club as I have read all 5 of Dave Powells books.if you go to Chickamauga you just might get Jim Ogden as a tour guide,if you enjoy.
Come on out tomorrow night, Nitro. The more the merrier. It'll be fun.

Back