Bonds Between Cavalryman and His Horse

I have felt that magic. My little mare seemed to be responding to my thoughts ! Was I making this up, was it real ?
Yes, she and I were a team. A bond built on respect and trust. At times felt connected down my spine and seat to her spine and legs.
Being one with the horse sounds a little woo-woo but it did feel as though we were one being.
Love it! Pretty amazing stuff isnt it? " A bond built on respect and trust" that's it right there.
Feeling like they are an extension of yourself is spot on. You guys sound like you are at the top of your game!

Love it! Pretty amazing stuff isnt it? " A bond built on respect and trust" that's it right there.
Feeling like they are an extension of yourself is spot on. You guys sound like you are at the top of your game!
Thank you but I don’t feel at the top of my game at all. But I do appreciate you thinking so.

I have felt that magic. My little mare seemed to be responding to my thoughts ! Was I making this up, was it real ?
Yes, she and I were a team. A bond built on respect and trust. At times felt connected down my spine and seat to her spine and legs.
Being one with the horse sounds a little woo-woo but it did feel as though we were one being.
Beautifully said. I grew up on a cotton farm in South Alabama, and always wanted a horse of my own. One day, when I was about ten yrs. old, I saw my father coming down our dirt lane with a large trailer. He had been to Shelbyville, Tenn. and brought me home a beautiful red Tennessee walking horse..
It was love at first sight for both of us. About two years later, she went missing. We looked on every part of our property where we kept her. No sight of her.
One day, my grandmother picked me up at school and she was crying. Daddy was waiting for me at home. My dear beautiful best friend was found entangled in a barbed wire fence near the back corner of our woods. The vet came immediately. It was too late to save her. She died of gangrene.
I was “one with her” too. And still am.....

It’s a wonderful thing to see when horse and rider are in tune with one another. I’m glad you had the opportunity!

Back