CMWinkler

Colonel
Retired Moderator
Bobby Horton shares Civil War stories and music
By Contributed

Published: Sunday, April 13, 2014

Updated: Sunday, April 13, 2014 23:04

Expired Image Removed
Bobby Horton, an instrumentalist and historian shares stories of the Civil War and songs.

The songs of the ages still ring in Bobby Horton’s ears. Like the painstaking scribes of old, he translates what now seems like a foreign language into messages and music — oft-buried treasures — still relevant today.

“I just got sucked in really, really young to the history and you know that history is just people’s stories,” Horton says. “You know, for every person that participates in the Depression, or the Dust Bowl or a war, it’s a story. And every story is just as valid as the last one because that’s experience and that’s history.”

For the rest:
http://www.easttennessean.com/the-s...-war-stories-and-music-1.3160412#.U0xXGKKJTQQ

Bobby Horton shares Civil War stories and music
By Contributed

Published: Sunday, April 13, 2014

Updated: Sunday, April 13, 2014 23:04

Expired Image Removed
Bobby Horton, an instrumentalist and historian shares stories of the Civil War and songs.

The songs of the ages still ring in Bobby Horton’s ears. Like the painstaking scribes of old, he translates what now seems like a foreign language into messages and music — oft-buried treasures — still relevant today.

“I just got sucked in really, really young to the history and you know that history is just people’s stories,” Horton says. “You know, for every person that participates in the Depression, or the Dust Bowl or a war, it’s a story. And every story is just as valid as the last one because that’s experience and that’s history.”

For the rest:
http://www.easttennessean.com/the-s...-war-stories-and-music-1.3160412#.U0xXGKKJTQQ

Looking forward to seeing the play "Company Aytch" in Kingsport in July. The Tr-Cities Round Table always sponsors "A Civil War Evening " during Fun Fest in Kingsport.

Last edited:
Bobby Horton was my first introduction to Civil War music... I picked up tapes of his "Homespun Songs of the C.S.A." and "Homespun Songs of the Union Army (Vol. 2)" from the Vicksburg NMP gift shop. I was hooked thereafter.

Back