Blueberry Corn Muffins

I followed the recipe exactly, but used 2% milk instead of buttermilk. They came out great!! 21 minutes is plenty for cooking time. Here they sit cooling after I devoured a real warm one. They do come out smaller in size compared to the Bisquick recipe, but this is a cornbread deal. The blueberries were purchased yesterday at my local Aldi grocery store. Pint was a $1.69. More than enough for the PA Dutch recipe. They were pretty fresh and not rurnt (ruined to you Northerners) like some you buy that have been sitting in the store for over a week.

P9070001.JPG

P9070002.JPG

Thanks Donna!!! I would suggest folding the berries in gently after the dry /wet ingredients have been whupped up good with your mixer, that way they don't get mashed up. That's what I always do. This recipe called for adding the berries to the dry mix, then adding the wet mixture and THEN mixing everything up. Hope this helps any of the forum members that wanna make this tasty version of blueberry muffins.

Blueberries are an expensive fruit. I've never tried to grow them.

Blueberries can be a challenge to grow because they like acidic soil. Southwest Michigan, to the north of us, produces the most cultivated blueberries, but Indiana's Marshall County, to our South, does pretty well. When blueberries are in season, one of our local stores (can't remember right now if it's Meijer or Martin's) often sells blueberries in 5 lb boxes at a pretty reasonable rate. When I'm really on the ball, I'll bake with the first box, and freeze the second!

Back