NF Blue & Gray Magazine store still active?

Non-Fiction

Andrew

Corporal
Has anyone ordered from the Blue & Gray Magazine web store recently?

http://bluegraymagazine.com/store/page2.html

I'm thinking about buying a few back issues related to Chickamauga. I'm just looking to confirm that the store is still active and that if I order some magazines I'll receive them in a timely manner. I know the magazine is no longer publishing so I'm not sure what the status of the company is at this point.

Thanks for any help!

Has anyone ordered from the Blue & Gray Magazine web store recently?

http://bluegraymagazine.com/store/page2.html

I'm thinking about buying a few back issues related to Chickamauga. I'm just looking to confirm that the store is still active and that if I order some magazines I'll receive them in a timely manner. I know the magazine is no longer publishing so I'm not sure what the status of the company is at this point.

Thanks for any help!
Oh yeah. It's still active. Good selection of back issues too. They get orders out pretty quick too.

Those are all of the back issues left. When they are gone they are gone. A good friend of mine worked for them, and that's what he told me when I asked. You might be able to find other issues on ebay.

Bumping an old thread with new information. After Blue & Gray Magazine ceased publication the website remained active and existing back issues in their inventory were still available for purchase. They even ran holiday special offers. I recently checked the website and found that their domain registration had expired. I reckon purchases had slowed down to the point where the Roths decided it was time to close up shop. Wonder what happened to their remaining inventory?

Thanks for the update @bdtex I have ordered probably a couple of dozen back issues since 2021 in advance of various battlefield visits. I hate to admit it, but most of these were duplicates that I either could not find squirreled away throughout my house or was too lazy to look very hard. 🙄 The maps in the Cedar Creek issue are the best out there, at least til Scott Patchan's new book comes out. I was an original subscriber and have every issue somewhere. I guess now I will have to get serious about finding and organizing my copies.

I really miss this magazine. It and North South Trader's Civil War are/were the only two CW magazines I never cancelled or let expire.

Thanks for the update @bdtex I have ordered probably a couple of dozen back issues since 2021 in advance of various battlefield visits. I hate to admit it, but most of these were duplicates that I either could not find squirreled away throughout my house or was too lazy to look very hard. 🙄 The maps in the Cedar Creek issue are the best out there, at least til Scott Patchan's new book comes out. I was an original subscriber and have every issue somewhere. I guess now I will have to get serious about finding and organizing my copies.

I really miss this magazine. It and North South Trader's Civil War are/were the only two CW magazines I never cancelled or let expire.
I have every copy except #1. What did it cover?

I carried my copies of 3rd Winchester, and Fishers Hill with me when i did Patchan's Sheridan in the Valley tour couple of years ago and had him autograph. this was in August '22 as we were coming out of COVID. Talk about a unique opportunity, other than the driver and Scott, there were only two of us on the tour, and the other guy had to bug out the last day which meant I basically got a private tour the last day. It was outstanding!

I periodically sort my magazines by title and date. I still often can not find a magazine when I want to. March 1993 issue gets filed as March 1995. A complete index of articles might help, but that iuis probably never going to happen.

I was hopeful Mr. Roth would digitize all issues, then charge a flat fee to purchase them. It's an absolute travesty that these are now so hard to come by.

I assume that's not directed at the Roths. I always found them responsive and willing to accommodate a request.
Correct. I loved the magazine. My point is merely that I'm hopeful there will someday be a way to acquire (or at least view) all of them, even those where the back issues have completely sold out.

Back