NF Blue & Gray Magazine Ceases Publication

Non-Fiction
I am disappointed to hear that your magazine has ceased publication! At least you
will keep the website up and running. Blue and Gray was one of the magazines I
would pick up at the newsstand when I was younger and wanted to do some reading
on the War Between the States before the advent of the Internet. It's sad that the print
media is being replaced by the digital but there is only one thing that is constant in this
world and that is change.

I should have subscribed. I've bought many of the back issues through the website, and have used (and still have) many of the Driving Tours. I thank Dave Roth and his son for producing what many consider the best ACW magazine, and I for one will miss it badly.

Wow, I just subscribed for 2 years about a month or two ago, haven't received an issue yet. Wonder what they will do with people like me?

I'm a charter member of the Blue & Gray magazine! I've yet to receive any notification of closing down! The last issue was sent in 2017 and was XXXII, #6. It featured "Sherman in North Carolina" and "Russia and the US Civil War." In fact, the inside cover is still advertising for subscriptions! Unless a notification via US mail hasn't arrived at my house yet, and I do not mean to sound impertinent but, something doesn't add up.:nah disagree:

A discouraging sign of our times. To be philosophical, I guess that in this digital age we are blessed to have more resources at our fingertips than ever before in history. Nothing is more constant than change. We must take the bad with the good.

It's emotionally difficult to close a business that you invested decades building. I know from personal experience. I also know that you will find ways to spin your reputation and your association with your magazine into fulfilling work in your semi-retirement. You are opening a new chapter. Press on with head up, and congratulations on a great run!

Bought 3 back issues at the Corinth Visitor Center last week. 2 of them are not available on the website.

Back