Blue & Gray Magazine Ceases Publication

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

bdtex

Brigadier General
Silver Patron
Civil War Photo Contest
Annual Winner
Regtl. Quartermaster Chickamauga 2018
I received my 5 back issues in the mail last night. The 4 John Hunt Morgan issues came in the nick of time for my Kentucky and Indiana John Hunt Morgan Heritage Trail tour on Friday. I am just sad that @KLSDAD can not attend due to a family issue in Missouri. Next time, my friend....

View attachment 152611

* P.S. The Battle of Mobile Bay issue is spectacular!!!
Sweet and yes,the Mobile Bay issue is great. I got Prairie Grove and Missionary Ridge in the mail today. There's also some stuff on Chattanooga and Tunnel Hill in the Missionary Ridge issue. Can't wait to get into that one.

bdtex

Brigadier General
Silver Patron
Civil War Photo Contest
Annual Winner
Regtl. Quartermaster Chickamauga 2018
This is an old thread but looks like a good time for a bump.

This was emailed to subscribers and posted on the website:

"The amelioration period for subscribers at the time Blue & Gray ceased publication (May 31, 2017), will expire February 28, 2018. We will continue to maintain the website and store beyond the expiration date, so stay tuned for news and developments."

https://blueandgraymagazine.com/

After 2/28,subscribers can't use the discount coupons to order back issues. I noticed that they apparently ran out of some back issues they had when they announced they were ceasing publication. The Missionary Ridge issue is not available now.

Yankeedave

1st Lieutenant
me like i think alot of people enjoyed this magazine. i am unsure about why we so much cutbacks in our hobby. my personal opinion runs along that the baby boomers are passing away and so is the money they brought.

TommyNole

Private
The younger generations don’t appreciate American history to nearly the same degree as in the past, sadly. They’re consumers of a lot of crapola.

cash

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
The younger generations don’t appreciate American history to nearly the same degree as in the past, sadly. They’re consumers of a lot of crapola.
American adults have been bemoaning the lack of historical interest/appreciation/knowledge of American youth since at least 1917, if not before.