Blood and Glory: The Civil War in Color

Moonshiner

Corporal
Blood and Glory: The Civil War In Color: Two night premiere starts tonight on the History channel at 9/8 central.

Abraham_Lincoln_Before_and_After2-P.jpg

Blood_And_Glory_The_Civil_War_In_Color_5-P.jpg

It a way I feel like it is "subtraction by addition". Most of us grew up seeing those pics in black and white, and that has some kind of effect on me at least......those pictures take me back to that era. When they are colorized, it seems to distract from the harsh experience of that day. I feel just as strongly about WW1 and colorization of film.

Those black and whites just seem more legitimate and transcend time in the process.

Photographers, to this day, film in a variety of black and white, for effect.

At a minimum, Id like to be able to see them both ways. Im not too sure my great grand kids would agree...when they are born.

It a way I feel like it is "subtraction by addition". Most of us grew up seeing those pics in black and white, and that has some kind of effect on me at least......those pictures take me back to that era. When they are colorized, it seems to distract from the harsh experience of that day. I feel just as strongly about WW1 and colorization of film.

Those black and whites just seem more legitimate and transcend time in the process.

Photographers, to this day, film in a variety of black and white, for effect.

At a minimum, Id like to be able to see them both ways. Im not too sure my great grand kids would agree...when they are born.
I do see your point, Specster...First time I saw Lee colorized, I said out loud, "Oh, NO! That just isn't right!" I have B&W framed CW photos all over my house, and they're going to stay that way. I just enjoy seeing the work--it's apparently painstaking...and I like to see how "close" they can get to being in the "flesh."

Back