Black Votes: Frederick Douglass Meets With Andrew Johnson 2/7/1866 Reconstruction150

Pat Young

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
Featured Book Reviewer
Why does history not give Johnson his due because he was an open and honest racist? And to recognize his vision of America, one has to would admit America's failing of the late 19th century to its ideals? Yes, Johnson's vision for America and the south can to fruition and was lived in America for the next hundred years...
"Why does history not give Johnson his due." I think what you are really asking in "Why aren't historians all white and racist."

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)

Pat Young

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
Featured Book Reviewer
Meanie... but No!!!

I see you do not argue points in my case I made... score one for me...
Perhaps I missed the subtlety of your "case." I did not see a "case" being made, just a complaint that historians had not given Johnson his "due" because for some perverse reason he is not properly credited by them for his support for white supremacy and black marginalization.

In any event if it makes you happy to "score" against me, a person you have never met and never will, then I suppose I can die content in that knowledge. It is a rare day for me indeed.

Johnson his "due" because for some perverse reason he is not properly credited by them for his support for white supremacy and black marginalization.
No not me... I just observing and acknowledging it... It was late 19th century Americans that supported white supremacy and black marginalization. In truth, Americans supported it for 100 years... History can hurt at times...

In any event if it makes you happy to "score" against me, a person you have never met and never will, then I suppose I can die content in that knowledge. It is a rare day for me indeed.
Not only are you a meanie but ruthless... ouch...lol ... I did see you on Youtube... I got to see you... score one for me...lol
Still have not been able to challenge my argument...

Pat Young

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
Featured Book Reviewer
Not only are you a meanie but ruthless... ouch...lol ... I did see you on Youtube... I got to see you... score one for me...lol
Still have not been able to challenge my argument...
While it is clear that you want to argue, you have not set forth an argument.

In any event, I will let you "score" with someone else. I never involve myself in the sorts of death spirals that so amuse you and some others here.

It seems post #160 was the capstone of this thread...

Which is why we revere Johnson while his interlocutor Douglass has faded so far from memory that I have to remind people who he was.
Revered not the right word but should be acknowledged that the America he envisions came to fruition without him leading it... it just came to be... main motivator racism...

I know Buchanan is forgotten and I think he should be way below Andy Johnson on the list of Presidents. The next time I go to DC I will be going to Buchanan's National Monument. Yes, he has a monument in DC.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)