Bizarre Foods America Does Civil War Foods

nitrofd

Retired User
The television show "BIZARRE FOODS AMERICA"with Andrew Zimmern will be doing a 1 hour show on Civil War Foods,the fodd that sustained the armies.this show will be on the "Travel Channel" next Tuesday February 14th at 9:00pm. And repeated at 12:00 midnight.hope fully the only bugs he will be eating is what was in the Hardtack.

I'll have to make a point to catch it next week. LOL! Yes, the host does seem to have a habit of grossing me out eating things like chocolate covered bugs and the like, so hopefully we'll only to have endure maggot riddled hardtack.

On last nights show he did the BBQ trail from North Carolina to Atlanta which I am waiting to see as we had a wild storm last that knocked the power out for some time.
The week before he did foods of the Lewis and Clark expedition covering just the last 200 miles on the Columbia River.for 30 minutes it dealt with what the native Americans taught them to preserve salmon and meats plus different types of dished that the Indians made with the salmon.really some very interesting stuff.

Will have to watch the one on Civil War food. We watched him the other night. It was an older one on Gullah Food and Savannah foods. It was interesting.
How that woman cleaned that raccoon was interesting.I have never eaten a raccoon but I would give it a try.

Back