Best Worst Photo Shopped, Faux And Just Plain Silly Images

JPK Huson 1863

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
fake marry-todd-and-lincoln.jpg

" The Lincoln Wedding Photograph " isn't. Someone glued together portraits taken separately and ' poof ', History!

They're spreading. It's like lice without a good shampoo eradicating the little vermin. It's always been a puzzle why anyone would create a photo shopped image or just, plain make stuff up. But they do. Some, you can't blame anyone for who fell victim. Most here for instance would not know there's no such thing as a ' Lincoln Wedding Photo ' but really, not seeing that ' Lincoln at Gettysburg ', strolling past tents contains a woman in shorts skirt and nylon stockings is strolling there, too is baffling.

fake officers.jpg

Just ouch. Inserting a buxom, pouting young woman and her buddies ( not one of which is wearing a hat manufactured during the war ) into this grouping of Confederate officers, you'll see them described variously. No idea who the pouty girl would be.

Lincoln is sure a popular topic but there's a plethora of others. Belle Boyd comes in for a silly image albeit hers is a book cover. Most annoying would be photos of ' slaves ' both on Pinterest and Ebay, where any era photo of a black citizen is relegated to this status. Love to see if anyone else has a favorite, er, erroneously entitled photo?

A favorite......
fake lin poe.JPG

Goodness. I'll say creepy. It must have happened after Lincoln's head fell off and they had to perch it back up there.

af am family new snip.JPG

Lovely young couple, ( sucker for baby photos here ) obvious signs of prosperity, found on Ebay , entitled ' slaves '. Ebay has knocked it off mostly ( if you write to sellers being witchy enough, it can be helpful ) but these persist elsewhere.

fake linc 2.JPG
Fake Lincoln pic.jpg
lincoln fake again1.jpg

Lincoln spends a lot of time deceased and in various coffins.

fake linc box.JPG

Here's a favorite of mine, a photographer ( with his cell phone? ) just happened to snap this of the two couples at the moment Booth was sneaking up behind everyone.

Wish I could post the Belle Boyd, a blond beauty, but she's 'art', and not within the safe zone of public access.

lincoln fake (2).jpg

Sorry there are so many ' Lincolns '. Here ' he ' is, at Gettysburg, followed by a woman in a dress anyone would term indecent in 1863. The hussy. :angel:

christmas3 fake.jpg

She's a mannequin although the era may be correct- possibly a display from a Sanitary Fair. It's used as a ' real ' illustration of someone decorating their parlor for Christmas.

fake lin fam.JPG

His parents and that large family of his, having time traveled into 1880.

lincoln familyb.jpg

The whole family! Well, and a tourist wearing a golf shirt, dangling his camera from one hand. And when the White House was inside a museum that time in 1861.

Stopping here although there are more. This is a ' Lincoln's house-we think ' Ebay find, where someone is pretty-kinda-maybe sure he's on the porch.
lincoln funny crop.jpg

It's fun, but also good to call out these, you know? Not in a spirit of critical judgment but as a resolve to keep History, well, History.

View attachment 206080
" The Lincoln Wedding Photograph " isn't. Someone glued together portraits taken separately and ' poof ', History!

Enjoyed this post! An interesting fact about Lincoln photos that I learned only recently (which most others here probably already know) is that Lincoln and Mary were never photographed together.

Enjoyed this post! An interesting fact about Lincoln photos that I learned only recently (which most others here probably already know) is that Lincoln and Mary were never photographed together.
In this photograph taken on August 8, 1860, Lincoln stands to the right of his front door wearing a white suit. There is a chance that Mary is in one of the upstairs windows.
Springfield, Ill. August 8, 1860. Photo by William Shaw.  O-34.jpg

Great posting is so many ways! I couldn't stop snickering at many of your snide....err... sophisticated comments that fit the photos so well! Thanks for a great start to my day on ACWT...

Oh dear, snide? Rats, was going for dismissive, snide seems so swarmy! Must apologize ( really! ). Does drive me a little crazy when people no longer here to correct things get misrepresented, was hoping to present it as silly. Well, the one where Booth is in the box, behind everyone may deserve snide.... . How outrageous can someone get? :angel:

Everybody knows this one.
View attachment 206158
Civil War Pter0saur

So it's not real? :D `Gee whiz, if flying dinosaurs were not part of the Civil War experience nothing makes sense any more. Next you'll be saying Lincoln wasn't out there killing vampires.

Now I'm fascinated, @Robert Gray - which is more likely, woman in middle window, holding a child?
window.JPG

Back