Best Worst Photo Shopped, Faux And Just Plain Silly Images

View attachment 207119

These examples of my "playing" were easily enough done - This and the other two I posted are merely shots I took on the set of the made-for-TV movie Ironclads with my primitive Kodak DISC camera. I scanned the prints into my computer and used a program I unfortunately no longer have (but I understand is very basic in most online photo editing programs) that came with the scanner that allowed color images to be turned into black-and-white ones. So without any further action on my part - viola! - "original" Civil War era photos of ironclad ships. (I think the poor quality of the prints somehow makes them look even more believable.) Since then I've attempted even more in the way of cutting things like people from one photo and superimposing them into another but haven't been especially satisfied with the results so far.

View attachment 207120

For more of my photoshopped photos from Ironclads: https://www.civilwartalk.com/threads/the-monitor-at-westover-landing.82537/

James N.
I must say those are fantastic photo manipulations !

Even with your "primitive Kodak DISC camera".

Right up there with Abe Lincoln - Vampire Hunter. Gotta admit, however, I liked the movie!

View attachment 208949

Never saw that! Is the displaced head Lewis Powell? Too small to tell but if we want to start a terrific conspiracy theory, that photograph would be an amazing start. So Vampire Abraham got to Powell before he could be executed? Must have been someone else on the scaffold, but who? Hmmm. The plot thickens.

w1ktrikekill1.jpg

http://www.cryptomundo.com/wp-content/uploads/w1ktrikekill1.jpg

It was just looking for something to eat, instead - it became dinner...

Cheers,
USS ALASKA

From my own private rare authentic Civil War photo collection I share with you the brief exchange caught on camera of one Kris Kringle and an obvious "good boy" Grant after his successful Battle above the Clouds in the Winter of '63
ufQeokZ.jpg

Attachments

• ufQeokZ.jpg
    ufQeokZ.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 23
Also from my private collection of certified authentic ACW photographs is this rare view outside of Atlanta that captures the precise moment General William Tecumseh Sherman realized he despised clowns as much as he despised the press.

XekQIbd.jpg
:roflmao:

“I think I know what military fame is; to be victorious on the field of battle and then be accosted by clowns.”

Attachments

• XekQIbd.jpg
    XekQIbd.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 25
View attachment 208296

https://listverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/8-civil-war-elephants.jpg

In the Civil War arms race for 'animal corps', this was the response to the usage of camels. It wasn't very successful. With the employment of Sherman Tanks, the elephants became redundant. They used too much fuel, were difficult to train, became startled at the noise of weapons discharge, were hard to move once wounded, needed special doctors, and the army had a great deal of problems finding qualified drivers. Their uncontrolled trumpeting kept them from usage during Special Operations. After their retirement from the field of battle, P. T. Barnum took the survivors into his entertainment organization.

Cheers,
USS ALASKA

See, you can tell that photo is fake because Tolkien told us it was the Southrons who used Mumaks... Oliphaunts... whatever. :D

Also from my private collection of certified authentic ACW photographs is this rare view outside of Atlanta that captures the precise moment General William Tecumseh Sherman realized he despised clowns as much as he despised the press.

“I think I know what military fame is; to be victorious on the field of battle and then be accosted by clowns.”
"If I had my choice I would kill every clown in the world, but I am sure we would have a circus in Hell before breakfast." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Cheers,
USS ALASKA

"After the long dreadful, dutiful work of building and tending to our 'huts' which would be our winter homes until the thaw, we had found that the out holes in which all camp waste was disposed (that of both beast and brethren) were no longer sufficient in performing their particular...duty. It was early morning on the 25th that one Private from Company C, Edward Johnson, endeavored in a task for which we remain grateful however much amused. When the regimental Sgt Major happened upon the scene he stared in unhampered fascination to which Pvt Johnson replied heartily, "Merry Christmas. Sh**ter's Full."
12/26/1862
- John W. Butt
6th Regiment, New Jersey Infantry

223iucb.jpg

Attachments

• 223iucb.jpg
    223iucb.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 26
"After the long dreadful, dutiful work of building and tending to our 'huts' which would be our winter homes until the thaw, we had found that the out holes in which all camp waste was disposed (that of both beast and brethren) were no longer sufficient in performing their particular...duty. It was early morning on the 25th that one Private from Company C, Edward Johnson, endeavored in a task for which we remain grateful however much amused. When the regimental Sgt Major happened upon the scene he stared in unhampered fascination to which Pvt Johnson replied heartily, "Merry Christmas. Sh**ter's Full."
12/26/1862
- John W. Butt
6th Regiment, New Jersey Infantry

223iucb.jpg
I. Am. Dying. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

There have been Cousin Eddies from time immemorial.

Attachments

• 223iucb.jpg
    223iucb.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 30
Back