Best Visualization Of Culp's Hill Ever

Georgia Sixth

2nd Lieutenant

This popped up in my youtube feed and I'm so glad I watched it. This video uses satellite imagery, google earth type perspectives and such with very clear graphics showing key terrain points and military units. The presenter really understands what was going on and how Culp's Hill action fit into the whole battle. His done his homework. Also, the amazing parallels between what transpired on Culp's Hill and Little Round Top is jaw dropping. I never knew this stuff! Well worth a viewing.

Last edited by a moderator:
This popped up in my youtube feed and I'm so glad I watched it. This video uses satellite imagery, google earth type perspectives and such with very clear graphics showing key terrain points and military units. The presenter really understands what was going on and how Culp's Hill action fit into the whole battle. His done his homework. Also, the amazing parallels between what transpired on Culp's Hill and Little Round Top is jaw dropping. I never knew this stuff! Well worth a viewing.

I felt the same way when I watched it on You Tube just a couple of days ago. Very informative.

It looked promising but I'll admit to stopping when the narrator gave us the good old fantasy about Stonewall and the "cautious" Ewell.

Jackson wouldn’t have attacked. He wasn’t that dumb. He, like Ewell, would have realized it was “not practicable”

The video misrepresents the Federal troop disposition and timing while ignoring what the confederates actually knew at the time.

Last edited:
Jackson wouldn’t have attacked. He wasn’t that dumb. He, like Ewell, would have realized it was “not practicable”

The video misrepresents the Federal troop disposition and timing while ignoring what the confederates actually knew at the time.
I think Jackson would have been out of his environment. He didn't seem to perform as well outside of his own territory.
Lubliner.

Well done video, very interesting way to present the troop movements. I now have a much better understanding of the tactical situation. Also, I like it when I learn something new, like for example Wolf Hill due east of Culp's Hill. Thanks for sharing this link!

Back